3

Nandini opened her eyes, and it fell directly on balcony door where Manik slept last night and she didn't find him there. At the same moment, bathroom door clicked open and out came Manik with a trackpant, clingy t-shirt, and towel around his neck. Hair stuck to his forehead giving him a innocent look.

Manik looked at sofa, and she snapped her head away and got up. She moved out to the balcony gathered blanket and folded and placed on bed and folded her blanket and placed the pillow inside the cabinet.

Nandini walked into washroom after taking her clothes. She moved in and took bath, brushed and did other business and walked in wearing a white knee length kurti and blue jeans with stole around her neck. She moved out and walked to mirror and made a side plate after drying her hair.

Manik spoke breaking the silence "lets go down" And walked down. They pretended to be a happy newly wedded couple in front of their parents. As much as close they show themselves outside they are that far from each other when they are alone.

Manik and Nandini walked down with their bags on their shoulders. "Arey you came... I was about to call you both" Niyonika said. Both greeted their parents and sat on table beside each other and had their breakfast with light talks.

"Cabirrr.... Drop me" Nandini spoke. "Kyun beta... Tumhari scooty ko kya hua? " Asked Niyonika. "Wo yesterday Cabir came to pick me up, so i told my friend to take my scooty and now i don't have ride" Nandini said pouting. Raj and Niyonika laughed at their childish bahu.

"Bhabz... I am really sorry. I have a very important meeting... Ask Manik... He is going to that place" Cabir said with an apologetic tone. "I am waiting outside come out soon" Manik said and bid his parents and walked away without waiting for Nandini.

Nandini glared at Cabir, for getting her stuck with Manik and he gave guilty and nervous look. Nandini couldn't deny because of her parents in law. She bid them and walked out and saw Manik seated in back seat of car and the driver in driver's seat. Nandini sat beside him. The car started and got into the road.

I think he knows in college which i study Nandini thought seeing him going to her college route.

"What subject do you teach? " Nandini asked slowly hoping to get reply and to her luck she replied "immunology for final zoology students, cell biology for second zoology student, and allied chemistry for first zoology student." Manik replied.

Nandini was shocked to know his interest in science field, he looks more of a business person she thought. "What's your major? " He asked.

May be this is the first time they are having a decent talk, without shouting at each other.

"I am final year zoology student" Nandini replied. Manik looked at her, both are same majors. "Nice" He spoke and got busy with his phone and she looked out.

The car stopped and both turned towards each other and spoke at the same time"Ok i am leaving" both stared at each other. "You study here? " Manik asked and "You teach here" Nandini asked at the same time. Their eyes grew wide when they both realised, they study and teach at the same college and same department.

"Look... Lets not reveal our relationship here" Manik said, Nandini stared for few seconds and nodded her head as yes.

It hurts her, it hurts to know that he is embarrassed of her.

It hurts him, it hurts when she didn't deny his condition.

They got down. "First you go in, then after sometimes i will come" Manik said, Nandini nodded and she walked in.

Nandini got down and walked to the gate, where the students flooded in as its time. After few seconds, the car entered into the gate and sped to the parking lot. Nandini kept looking at the car and then sighed at her fate and walked to her class.

As she went in, she saw Navya seated and going through her immunology textbook. "Hello Navu" Nandini greeted and sat beside her. "Nandu hame disturb mat karna... Hume padhna hai. Aj Mr. Malhotra ka class hai. I want to answer all his questions" Navya said still with her head dug in the textbook. Nandini's eyes widened up, as she realised that Manik will be her immunology professor. She sighed and went through previous notes from Navya's note book.

First hour was Biotechnology, and it went pretty good with the professor explaining and telling her college stories. Its easy to distract this teacher, ask her something related to her school days or college days and there she gets distracted.

Its second hour, and its Immunology class. Manik Malhotra's class. All boys got quite, they didn't want to get scolded and some students read their previous lecture not wanting to get any impositions, if not answered.

Manik Malhotra entered the class and all stood up and greeted him, with good morning. "Good morning ladies and gentlemen take your seats" Manik replied and went behind his table and opened attendance record and started classing out names.

When Manik's eye fell on Nandini Murthy name, he looked up and his eyes met with hers.

"Nandini Murthy... Is she on leave today as well? " Asked Manik, pretending unknown. Nandini glared at him but none the less stood up. "I am present Mr. malhotra" Nandini said. "Oh.. So you remember you have a class as well" Manik mocked, his lips threatening a smirk.

"I had gone to my cousin's marriage Mr. Malhotra" Nandini said. "Is your cousin more important than your studies. Listen students, never ignore your studies that is what will help you. Your cousin wouldn't come to help you with your studies." Manik said looking at all the students. "Please be seated Ms. Murthy" Manik said and continued his attendance leaving a fuming Nandini.

How dare he, insult me in front of every student. She thought.

She clutched her palm tightly.

As the classes started, Manik didn't leave a bit of teasing. He would call Nandini and would ask the most difficult question and obviously she will not know the answer and again he will mock at her.

She was fed up. Its not even 45 minutes, he was getting on his nerves.

When Manik called her again for asking yet another question, her patience broke. "I am really sorry Mr. Malhotra. I am leaving the class. Change my attendance from present to absent. I don't care about my attendance" Nandini snapped at him and walked away from the class.

"Spoilt brat" Manik murmured.

He took the attendance, he looked at the p (present) written next to her name. He closed the record without changing the present to absent.

He knows he has got into her nerves. Though he didn't regret, hr felt bad. Shrugging away the thoughts, he continued his lecture.

3rd hour was also Immunology, and Nandini didn't attend the class. Without any choice, he had to put a (absent) for 3rd hour.

After 3rd hour when Manik left the class, Nandini entered. She glared at him and walked to her seats blowing at Navya about Mr. Malhotra her professor / husband.

After the class was over, Nandini rushed to her scooty and got into it and at the same time Manik, walked to the parking lot. Manik looked around to see if anyone was there. "Come with me" Manik said. She just glared at him "no thanks Mr. Malhotra" She said and sped in her scooty.
________
Assalamu alaikum.

Though i have my exams in less than 5 hours, i managed to write a chapter for a distraction. Hope you all liked.

Vote and comment

Love you all

Allah hafiz