5

Manik and Nandini walked in to Malhotra mansion around 9 in the night. The doctor wanted him to stay for about 24 hours. Niyonika stood and did arthi, of Manik and Nandini for to ward off evil eyes them. "Ahh... I feel nostalgic. It feels like you both married and its bhabhz Grah pravesh" Cabir teased. For the first time, Nandini blushed at someone's tease and Manik was all awe seeing her red cheeks.

They both were sent to their room to take rest. Manik layed on bed while Nandini on sofa. She took her phone, and checked messages from Navya. I have to tell her about my marriage. Thought Nandini.

'I want to give a chance to our marriage, i am ready to keep aside my ego. The way she cried for me, the way she stayed back at hospital with me shows that she is not one of those money minded girl. True, our relationship was not made out of love or our wish but now that we are together, i want this to work. Hope she thinks same, and give a chance to us.' Manik thought as he looked at Nandini on sofa with her phone, typing something. I closed my eyes, and turned around.

Nandini kept her phone and turned around to see Manik laying down. 'I want to work on this marriage. He is in this condition because of me, she saved me from those robbers dirty comment. He got into fight for me. What else a girl wish for. He took stand for me. He got down from the car for me, he was shot by saving me. I should be thankful, and i am. I will thank him as soon as he wakes up. Hope he thinks the same, and give a chance to us" She thought.

Nandini kept staring at Manik, his back to her. So suddenly, Manik turned and their eyes locked. For the first time, their eyes are locked. And they can feel some soft yet warmth feeling in each other's eyes. "Aren't you feeling sleepy? " Nandini asked softly, and he nodded as no. She stood up, and walked upto him and sat beside him, all the while their eyes locked with each other.

She hesitated a little, but she lifted his head and placed on her lap and ran her hand over his face and he closed his eyes feeling her soft hand touch his face. She then ran her hand over his head and massaged lightly. A sigh left his mouth.

She stopped running her hand on him, when he snored lightly. 'I am sorry Manik, you are in this condition because of me' she thought looking at his shoulder brace. She moved forward, and placed her lips on his forehead. She closed her eyes, and it fell on his cheek.

She placed his head on the pillow and walked to sofa and layed down, and fell asleep immediately. After about 10 minutes, he woke up and saw her sleeping on sofa. 'I have to ask her to sleep beside me, here after' he thought. He layed down back and closed his eyes, medicine kicked and he fell asleep.

Its morning, still both were asleep. Manik's phone rang and he woke up and attended the call it was from the college, zoology department's hod's call asking for his absence yesterday. Manik told about the accident and got leave for a week at least. He looked at sofa and saw Nandini still sleeping.

He walked up to her and bent over her and shook her "Nandini wake up, you will get late" Manik spoke waking her up. She woke up, and noticed Manik standing beside her. She looked at his arms. "Manik are you ok... Did you hurt yourself? " Asked Nandini on haste, as she ran her hands around his shoulders to check.

Manik held both her hands in his right one and stopped her, pulling her close to him. This is the first time, they are this close and their stomach felt like all the animal from their small college zoology museum in it. He moved back leaving her hands

"I woke you up, to tell that you will get late." Manik spoke softly. "I am not going... Someone should be there to take care of you. Mamma(niyonika) leaves for her work" Nandini reasoned. "Nandini i am fine... And my right hand is alright. So, don't worry and go to college. Already you missed you 10 days classes. It will get hectic. " He said. She accepted and ran to washroom to freshen up. With in few minutes, she walked out wearing a cute white and pink peplum top paired with pink dhoti. Hair still wet.