10

Manik and Nandini were asleep in each other's arms. Both their phones were switched off, so no one disturbs them.

Yet, they woke up hearing some commotion outside their room. "What's going on" Nandini mumbled annoyed at the loud voice outside their room. She snuggled more, to hide from the commotion but it didn't help.

Both woke up, and looked at each other. Nandini blushed seeing her only in his tshirt and while Manik only in his discarded trackpant. He looked at her shy face and pulled her holding the waist. Their chest hit, their eyes staring at each other. They moved their face close, and were about to kiss when a knock disturbed them.

They moved back groaning. "I will see" Manik said and threw a tshirt from the suitcase while Nandini walked to washroom taking her last night frock. Manik opened the door irritated, knowing very well it must be Cabir.

But his thoughts were wrong, when he saw the students and 2 other professors standing outside his room along with Cabir and Navya. Manik cleared his throat, and asked "what happened... Why are you all standing here? " "Sir... Where is Nandini" Asked a girl. "I... Umm... Don't know Ms. Khurana" Replied Manik.

Ms. Soha Khurana. The bitch of the class. Has always envied Nandini, because Nandini has good relationships with all the students, is famous for her beautiful voice, teachers pet and a A1 grader. Soha is no less, she gets really good marks, but less than Nandini, she is famous but for all dirty things.

Soha got this chance of tarnishing Nandini's name when she saw Nandini got down from Manik's car. She got suspicious. Then she had eyes on them the whole trips they went. She was the one who got extra copies of photographs during skiing and she is the one who clicked pictures of Manik and Nandini leaving the party hall together and  entering Manik's room the previous night.

Soha smirked.

"Let me see inside sir... I guess, I saw Nandini entering along with you to your room last night. And i am sure that she spent the whole night with you" Soha said.

"Mind your words Soha. Don't you dare say any wrong words against my friend " Navya yelled who was consoled by Cabir. "Manik sir... Nandini is missing from last night. She had messaged me... She has headache and she left the party. When i returned back, i tried going to her room then Cabir stopped me saying she might have slept and lets not disturb. Then in morning when i tried calling, her phone is switched off. So i went to her room, and her roommate is saying Nandini didn't come to room the whole night. Where did she go then... Please sir search for her" Navya cried.

"Navya calm down please.. " Manik said.

His heart was beating loudly. Nandini is inside, and no one should know about it or they will make bad assumptions about her.

"Sir please" Navya cried out

Nandini who returned just then out of washroom, heard Navya's cry which made her worry and she ran out. She didn't know about the outside commotion.

As soon as she walked out, everyone gasped seeing Nandini exit from Manik's room. It shocked Nandini as well, she thought only Navya is out, and her cry worried Nandini and she ran out without thinking twice.

Everyone looked at each other. Manik rubbed his forehead. Nandini stared at everyone with wide eyes. Navya was shocked. Cabir was helpless. Lastly Soha, had a smirk.

Soha grabbed everyone's attention by clapping hands. "So.. Ms. Nandini Murthy. The great Nandini Murthy. What were you doing inside Manik sir's room." Soha spoke. Nandini kept quite, she didn't have any answer. "Did you spend the whole night with sir? Doing what? " Soha spoke again. "Ms. Khurana... That's enough" Manik yelled. "Mr. Malhotra... Is it true what Ms. Khurana is saying ? " Asked  a professor yet again Manik had no answer.