7

Nandini's classes were going well. She has made good friends in college. Her relation with Manik is increasing in a better way. She has gotten better from her past because of Manik and the college. She has gotten comfortable with Navya and Cabir as well. On whole her life is getting better, than from her past. Her past is another story, she gets haunted at nights sometimes. She blames herself sometimes, but while thinking rationally she stops herself. She has no intensions nor idea to get into any relationship nor marriage or anything. 

Manik's love for Nandini is increasing day by day, he is hopelessly loving Nandini. He knew her condition, he knows it would take a lot of time for Nandini to trust someone back. Still, he doesnt let any stone unturned to be with her. His most of the time is spent with her. He goes and comes back to college with her. He waits for her if she has extra classes or if she wants to visit libraries, he leaves for the college early if she wants to go to college early, and many more.

Nandini walked out of the class, and as always she walked to the parking area after bidding her friends. She stood beside Manik's car and took out her phone and scrolled down her social media, when her phone rang. 'Mom' it said.

Did her hope increased?

Was she waiting for this?

After what happened yesterday, she actually kind of knew she would get the calls from her parents, probably consoling her.

"hel....lo hello mom" she spoke stuttering. She didn't get reply, and she waited for her mother's voice. Her mom spoke, and then felt why did she wait for the call. Tears streamed down her eyes, as her mother spoke on and on and on, without even thinking how that would kill her daughter more, break her daughter's heart.

Alas! Her mother didn't think anything.

She didn't know, for how long her mother spoke those ill words breaking her daughter more.

"why mom...? All these are more than your daughter's happiness?" was all Nandini could ask about. "You spoilt your own life by divorcing him, such a good boy he is. You lost a gem, like him" Her mom said. "you have brought mine and your dad's name down" Her mom spoke, finally killing her.

She couldn't hear more, so she cut the call. She shivered at the thoughts that her mom spoke. Tears fell none stop, her cheeks were red and eyes swollen her lips wobbled more.

Her phone rang again and again, but she was in no condition to speak, anymore.

'You are a disgrace to our family. You broke our trust upon you. I expected to have the 2 best daughters, but i don't have 2, only one.'

'Why mom why... why have you not supported me, ever. I have done everything whatever you wanted, all i chose for myself is studying further, a higher degree. I wanted to stand on my own feel. I wanted to be independent, and not depend on some f*cking husband like every ladies want. ' she wanted to say all these things to her mother, to her father but she couldn't say anything.

Your father is disappointed from you.

You broke our trust upon you.

You are a coward.

And many more.

These voices ran in her head.

She cried out loud.

She fell on her knees, supporting her back on the car. She placed her head on her knees, crying hysterically. She was lucky enough that the parking lot was empty and no one saw her embarrassing situation.

Manik tried calling Nandini to say that he would be late as he has some important sports meeting to attend. Once her call was busy, then later her calls were left unattended. Hw thought for a second to let it go, but he grew tensed. So he walked to her classroom, but found none. So he left to canteen, and there also he couldn't fine her, he went to library but didn't find anyone. So finally, he walked to the parking area hoping to find her there.