Chapter 12 [Edited]

[I once thought that if I were an alpha, my life would be much better but the answer is self-evident.]

Song Bolao and Luo Qinghe quarreled and parted ways. After half a day, Luo Mengbai also left.

Song Mo had been huddled under the quilt during the period, sullen and silent. The look of drooping brows and eyes was extremely distressing. Although, he is only five year's old, children who could understand actually understands. I still have memories of being a four or five year's old when I was a child. I also have some impressions of Ning Shi's lovers.

She once had a boyfriend who was not tall among alphas and a little fat but he was funny and humorous. Every time he saw me, he would tease me for a while.

I like him very much. I always look forward to him becoming my "daddy". Whenever I have time, I ask Ning Shi when they will get married. Ning Shi would pinch my nose angrily and scold me as a kid, but the smile in her eyes couldn't hide it.

She is happy and so am I. In my memory, it was sunny every day and it was unbelievably beautiful.

But it turned cloudy and one day, the man's wife came to the door.

I was locked in the room and couldn't get out, so I could only slam the door with all my might and wailed along with Ning Shi's sharp cursing and cries outside.

When those people left, Ning Shi opened the door for me, covered in scars. Her eyes were red and her hair was messy but she still pretended nothing happened in front of me, squatted on the ground and wiped the floor silently cleaning up the mess in the house.

I saw the bruises at the corners of her eyes. I couldn't help but ran to her and asked, "Mom, does it hurt?"

Ning Shi's hand holding the rag trembled slightly, as if trying to suppress something.

I didn't realize that she was on the verge of collapse and I still asked, "Mom, what's the matter with you?"

Ning Shi raised her head suddenly. The expression on her face was very complicated, not sad, not angry but it seemed to have something ominous behind it. When I grew up, I realized that it was hatred.

She glared at me as if she was going to eat me alive. I was a little scared and kept backing away. Ning Shi seemed to be provoked by my actions, she came up and grabbed my arm and slapped me on the body, beating and scolding me for being a burden, if it wasn't for me, she wouldn't have to suffer like this.

Even if I didn't understand the relationship between Ning Shi and others at that time. A mistress was still a mistress, but it didn't prevent me from understanding that Ning Shi hated me. If she's in a good mood and everything goes well, she'll be kind to me and be a bit of a mother but when things go wrong in life, she will blame the "disadvantage" on me, thinking that I am the source of her misfortune, she would beat and scold me at every turn.

Other memories are blurred, but that man, his wife, and Ning Shi's beating have always been imprinted in my mind for so many years.

Song Mo, Song Bailao and my own lessons of blood and tears all remind me of the importance of parents to the growth of their children. We still have an unreliable parent anyway, so what about my child? How has he been all these years? The more I thought about it, the more anxious I became and the more uneasy I became. In the end, I couldn't help sending a message to Ning Shi, asking her to come out, so that she could provide more information about the child.