Chapter 14 [Edited]

[The title of "brother" is really the most memorable in my life.]

Early in the morning, the chirping of birds in the forest woke me up from my sleep, and the sounds were as if they were right next to my ears, which gave me a headache.

When the forest is big, there are really all kinds of birds. I remember that the window was closed yesterday, why is it so noisy?

Struggling to open my eyes, in the darkened bedroom, the corner opposite of the big room somehow a ray of sunlight leaked from the  curtain. The dazzling sunlight poured in through the open window, casting a bright spot on the carpet.

The ray picked up the window screen, floated up and down then I noticed that there was still a person sitting after the dazzling sunlight.

I was so frightened that I sat up abruptly from the bed, waiting for my sight to adjust to the darkness and seeing the other person's familiar facial features, I slumped my shoulders and relaxed my tense back.

"When did you come back?"

Seeing that I was awake, Song Bailao pressed the remote control beside him and the curtains slowly opened to both sides with his movements.

"Half an hour ago."

Like a vampire dying in the light, I stretched out my arms to block the sun then blinked a few times to get used to the light.

Song Bailao was sitting by the window in a suit and tie with coffee and sandwiches in front of him. He should be having breakfast before I woke up. I couldn't believe it, I was so sleepy that I didn't even noticed when he entered the room.

When I thought about being stared at by Song Bailao for half an hour while I was deep asleep, during which I might snort and grind my teeth, my head swelled and my face became hot.

"Then...why didn't you wake me up?" I faced him and crawled back down a little bit.

"See, how late you can be asleep."

I took a peek at the electronic clock on the head cabinet, it was clearly not even nine o'clock. It wasn't too late...

I was in my pajamas, barefooted on the carpet, five meters diagonally away from him and yet I'm still nervous.

"Why did you come back so early today, did you forget something else?"

Song Bailao took a sip of coffee and when he heard my question, he put the quilt back on the tray, making a "clank". My heart trembled due to the sound.

This probably means that I may have said something wrong.

"This is my home, can't I come back without telling something?" His tone was not very stern, even pleasant but I knew that these were all illusions, smoke bombs that let me relax my vigilance before the enemy's tricks.

I quickly said, "No, no, you can come back anytime!"

Song Bailao looked at me critically from my feet to my head and finally settled on my head. I guess my hair must have been cocked quite a bit after tossing and turning all night.

"Hurry and pack up, you are going to a place with me in the afternoon."

With his order, I started to search around for my slippers. I found one next to the bed but I couldn't find the other. I lowered my body and looked towards the bottom.