chapter seven || 07

I get awoken by a large pillow being smashed to my face

I wince because I already have a pounding headache from last night then quickly sit up to see the culprit behind the cause of my unbearable pain.

Rayne stands at the end of my bed, probably trying to find something else on the floor to smack me with. She gets up and stands straight to see me staring at her blankly then grins.

"Well it's about fucking time! I've been standing here and shaking you to wake you up for almost half an hour." She says and plops herself onto the bed.

My brows furrow, and I let out a loud yawn. "What time is it?" I ask, while stretching my arms above my head. I spot my Advil on the bedside table and swallow it with a sip of water.

She snickers. "Sorry to stress you out but, it's 8:30 am."

That definitely gets me awake.

My eyes widen and I try to jump out of my bed quickly, but that just results in my leg being tangled in the duvet and ending up collapsing on the floor with a big thud.

Curse this stupid day.

Today's going to be very tiring and busy for me, I also have to babysit my favourite kid soon after my work shift at the business.

I frantically get up and rush to my bathroom which is right near to my room, an en-suite, and have the quickest shower possible.

I run back to my room and Rayne throws me my clothes for the day which includes some black and white plaid trousers, a sort of low cut long black sleeve top and lastly some white shoes I found in my wardrobe, I quickly get changed and make sure nothing looks out of order.

I apply the most simple amount of makeup to my face, then tie my hair into a low ponytail with two strands falling out at the front. I struggle to put my heels on, but I quickly do so and grab my bag and we're off. (Never without grabbing a breakfast bar though)

I take a seat in the passenger seat of my car, letting Rayne drive so I can text Ethan about today and since she's a much better driver than me anyway. (I'm also a still little more hungover than she is)

I can never understand why she barely gets headaches the night after.

I quickly text my boyfriend that I'm in the car, about ten minutes away and start to bounce my leg up and down, worried for this might be my first and final day at work.

God, I hope he lets me off this once.

I swear in all my life there's not been a single person I've been afraid of, that is until now.

Rayne abruptly stops the car right in front on the building and I open the door and simultaneously grabbing my bag from under my seat and speed walk to the front desk, luckily it's the same lady that was there my first day so she knows me.