chapter twenty one || 21

"and all of a sudden i felt really tired. like the world has drained me for everything i had."

My heart sinks to my stomach as I flinch at the ear-piercing screams from behind me

Rayne begins running towards Emilia and throws her arms around her, just as Em does the same back around her waist.

Idiots.

"Bitch, you fucking grew!" Rayne squeals.

Emilia grins like a cheshire cat, "Babe I'm almost taller than Nailea, too."

They have their conversation and I turn my attention back to the table, focussing on Matteo.

Who seems to be stealing subtle looks at the girls.

Well, more so angled towards Emilia I'd say.

No fucking way.

There's not a single doubt in my mind what he's feeling right now. That affectionate look in his eyes when she's not looking at him so he can stare at her all he wants to in pure admiration.

I glance at Vittorio, who also seems to be staring intently at me. He notices me looking back and immediately looks down, with a faint smirk on his face.

What is it with these men and staring?

Everyone finally sits down before I get to say something and the food arrives.

We decided to just be rational and have me, Rayne and Emilia on one side with the guys on the other.

They all advance into mild discussions, I want to eat. But my stomach is making me feel like I want to throw up just by looking at the burger in front of me.

Just eat, it's not that hard. You've been doing well so far anyway.

But this is fast food. It's different.

My leg starts bouncing underneath the table, feeling a breeze hit it with the window open right next to us.

I feel a warm, large hand place itself on the top of my knee. My leg comes to an immediate stop.

I look up, and notice half of Vittorio's arm under the table.

I can't breathe.

I quickly stand up and everyone gets startled, expecting me to do something next.

I stumble my words. "I-um. I need to go to the toilets, I'll be back real quick."

Rayne stands up with me in concern, "Okay, let's go." She says.

I quickly decline her. "No! It's fine trust me, I'll be really quick. Just forgot to wash my hands." I came up with a random excuse to just leave.

She notices my hesitancy, but doesn't push me further in worry of making me uncomfortable and nods reluctantly sitting back down.