chapter twenty five || 25

The shrilling noise of bullets resonate across the walls of the basement

The apartment building is owned by me, so I created the basement for my shooting practice and occasionally me and Camilo come here to use it to blow off some steam.

My headphones barely do any good, I still feel deaf the second I walk into these rooms. It's my escape. Where I think of nothing but myself and the gun I am holding, with the target in front of me.

My mind drifts off to what happened yesterday. We fucked. Twice.

It was unforgettable. Fuck, Nailea Rivera is the epitome of elegance and mystery. I never fully understood her, but what I do understand is that I don't want what happened to stop. I want- need more of her.

The metal door creaks open, snapping me out of my thoughts, Camilo comes forward closing it behind him. I look for a second to see Camilo, then continue my shooting.

"Vittorio, we need to talk about the Russian. He's still at the school and our guys are unable to identify him. They don't know his name, but the description came in of a man with blonde hair and green eyes." He says seriously, crossing his arms over his chest.

I sigh, not wanting to deal with this even though I know I have to. I take my headphones off and place the gun back onto the table.

"Do we know what he looks like? When he enrolled? We can ask whoever enrolled them in." I say simply.

He shakes his head, "All we know is he arrived a week ago."

I nod, "I'll let Nailea know. She'll tell Rayne to be careful then or something until we figure this out ourselves."

He agrees, and I make a move to leave the room but Camilo stops me.

He smirks and crosses his arms, "What's the deal with you and Nailea, boss?"

I roll my eyes at him and fix the cuffs of my sleeves.

"Absolutely nothing." I lie smoothly.

He scoffs at me, as if he knows I'm lying and pats me on the shoulder. "Your secret is safe with me, Russo," I glare at him as he says her nickname for me, and he just chuckles, walking past me out the door.

My best friend sees right through me.

I shake my head at his immaturity and leave the room. locking it behind me.

When I go back upstairs, I find Nailea sitting on the couch watching her favourite show.

Brooklyn nine-nine.