chapter twelve || 12

Me and Rayne ended up sitting in our university campus canteen because we didn't want to walk all the way to Starbucks from here

It's luckily not too filled today because most people probably went out for lunch but we're just too lazy for that.

"So?" I start.

"What?" Rayne stuffs her mouth with a huge bite of the burger in her hands refusing to talk.

"Are you going to tell me?"

She fiddles with a strand of her hair and bites her lip, then sighs.

"I promise I'll tell you today. It's just too embarrassing to admit in public." She says.

"Alright, sure." I assure her.

She smiles and continues eating her lunch. "I just can't get over the fact he told you to move in with him."

I nod along and sip my coke. "I was shocked at first too."

We continue talking about random shit for a while and I feel a body right behind me, immediately knowing who it is.

I straighten my back and take a deep breath. Rayne throws daggers at him through her intense glare.

"What the fuck do you want?" Rayne spits out.

Ethan winces. "I just want to talk to Nailea."

I turn around and stand up looking directly at him, my height luckily similar to his so I don't need to strain my neck too much.

"I don't know who you think you are, but I'm pretty sure I made it clear from the second that girl left your house I had nothing to do with you. So the fact that you're standing in front of me right now having the audacity to even think about talking at me let alone utter my damn name which came out of your mouth completely shocks me." I grit my teeth in annoyance and push at his chest.

He staggers a little, "All I was going to do is apologise to you nicely, but obviously you're too much of a bitch to even listen to that." He mutters the last part as he leaves before I get to say anything else.

The anger slowly begins rolling off me as I sort of let out my pent up frustration for him.

You know, the PG version.

I scoff at his childish remark as I watch him leave, then sit back down.

Rayne finishes her food quickly. "Please let me punch his face in a couple times." She goes to get up, but I stop her by putting my hand on her shoulder and she looks up at me confused.

"He's not even worth batting an eye at." I try to remain calm and finish my meal, "Let me finish eating, then we can go back to mine so we can finish packing."

****************

"Last box... done!" Rayne collapses on my bed and huffs out a large breath.