chapter twenty || 20

"everbody has a chapter they don't read out loud."

 To say it was awkward, is an understatement

The drive back was the most silent and painful journey I've ever had to experience, not even Emilia or Matteo were helping with their usual constant bickering.

I sat in the passenger seat, next to Vittorio who was driving and Matteo sat behind me while Em sat beside him leaving a gap of the small seat in the middle.

The first time I saw this car is when we went to the car park at the bottom floor to find it parked in his space.

The gorgeous matte black Audi r8 was sat beautifully waiting to be used. My jaw almost fell to the floor when I glanced at it earlier.

I was sitting in the car, my head looking at the landscape out the window as I recalled memories of last night.

**

I had no words, my eyebrows stayed furrowed as I stared at him, trying to comprehend and wrap my head around the facts of what the fuck just happened.

We stood there awkwardly in silence, still in each others arms waiting for the other to speak.

Well I certainly was going to.

"Say some-"

A night janitor caught us while trying to drag his wheel bucket of mop liquid across the floor and freezing as he saw us - with the mop in his hand in a pose as if he was going to attack

I don't blame him, i would probably think we were ghosts. The poor guy probably got the fright of his life.

I was too embarrassed about everything to say something so I kept my head down, wriggled away and silently went back to my room without another word.

The whole night I was twisting and turning, the thoughts not leaving my head.

How could I let this happen?

I was doing perfectly fine, but my stupid head made me kiss him.

I'm going absolutely mental.

What did this mean for us? He doesn't like me. I don't like him, why does this bother me so much?

He just had to go and complicate things didn't he?

I'm doing just as much.

**

Oh god.

How I really wish I was drunk then I could have explained myself more.

It didn't mean anything. It was just in the moment.

We were both angry and it just happened, nothing more.