⁰⁴volleyball club

APRIL

CHAPTER FOURFUKORODANI VOLLEYBALL CLUB

─────────────────

"no sleep again?" jean asked, removing his back from against the wall upon seeing the girl walk down her apartment building stairs. her dark eye bags were as evident as ever, her usual tall cup filled with coffee in her hand. 

approaching him, she shook her head. "i listened to haru's advice of taking the pills, but it's not working. only lasted for an hour or two."

the boy sighed. he kept his bag slung on his shoulder, making sure that it wouldn't fall off as he stood in front of her. he fixed up her uniform, fixing the collar and tie, as well as tucking her hair behind her ears. as he finished, he looked her in the eye, smiling boyishly.

the girl let out a small scoff through her nose, trying to refrain the smile from growing on her face. however, as it failed, she merely used her free hand to drag it down his face as a distraction. "you're always something jean."

as she began to walk towards down their neighbourhood, the 6'2 tall boy caught up to her, slinging an arm around her shoulders. "are my charms working on you, babe?"

she took a sip of her coffee, shaking her head. "zilch." she said in german, "never did, never will."

"then what was that smile earlier? huhhhh???" the boy teased, grinning at her.

another sip. "you're cute. that's why."

this somewhat caused the boy to pause, ears reddening upon her bluntness. y/n noticed this, laughing slightly at him. she looked at him, as if batting her lashes.

"are my charms working on you? babe?" she mocked him, though in a more sultry way. it was too early in the morning, where the fuck did she get this attitude from?

red reaching his cheeks, he looked away. "shut up..."

she snickered at his reaction, taking in another sip. "guess mister flirt himself can get flustered."

"fukorodani volleyball club"

"HEY HEY HEY!" a boisterous voice reached the girl's ears, causing her to look away from her conversation with mikasa to their classroom door. "y/n-chan!!"those of class 3-A had their eyes widened at their school's infamous volleyball captain suddenly barge into their classroom, especially looking for their classmate that rarely showed interest in people. they feared that he would somehow anger the girl, especially as he was calling her by her first name, and they didn't want to see that.

"oh, koutaro. how may i help you?" the girl asked simply, a small smile on her face. 

spectators of the interaction had grown shocked and confused, how did the two know each other?!?!

"i want you to meet the rest of my team!! i want them to meet the person who's been tutoring me!!!" the boy exclaimed energetically, walking up to her desk.

she smiled at him nervously. "uh, i don't think that would be necessary, kou..."

he blinked at her with a somewhat pouted lips. "please!! i know you've only been tutoring me for a month, but it's really helped me out already!! you can ask akaashi-san!"