¹⁴the host club

JUNE 
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
"the host club"

─────────────────

the girl was simply inside her apartment, making herself some breakfast. it was around the late morning, and she had just woken up. she was somewhat successful with her sleep last night, as she was on call with jean last night, the boy playing a song on his guitar to help her sleep.

and it did, hence why she was just up now. her eyes were still tired, as was her movements as she dragged herself around her kitchen. as she was doing so, she managed to catch a glimpse of her reflection on the glass windows, noticing her lazy look. with the sleeve of her cropped tank slipping on her biceps, loose sweats hanging on her hips. she continued to stare at herself blankly for a few seconds, before walking away.

she cleaned herself up, washing her face, combing through her hair, and even brushing her teeth. the feeling she received as she woke up was not one she was fond of, hence why she would always clean herself up, as well as refreshing her face and such.

it was peaceful in her own home. the sound of her footsteps lightly patting against her tatami-covered floors, the sound of her kettle softly hissing as she waited for the water to boil, maybe with her playlist softly emitting from her speakers in the background.

however, this was all disturbed as the sound of many people chattering outside reached her ear space. it was unusual for her neighbours to be out and talking to each other at this time of the day, and y/n was growing annoyed.

putting on some shoes, she opened her door and leant against the railings on her balcony. there, she saw a group of her neighbours crowding with each other as they stood near two sleek, black cars parked in front of their apartment gates.

looking further, she noticed six boys, around her age - maybe younger - all exiting the car. wanting to investigate, she shut her door and walked down the stairs, nearing her neighbours and such.

an impressed-surprised look plastered itself on her face as she identified the cars, noticing its brand. standing with her neighbours, she let out a low whistle. "fancy ride. rolls royce... phantom model as well."

one of the younger kids looked up at her. "you know what type of car it is, y/n-nee?"

she nodded. "yeah, i'm familiar with it. i like sports cars better though, 'specially aventadors. they're sexier."

two of the boys that came out of the car, specifically the tallest one and the one with glasses, managed to overhear what she had said, their interests peeking.

feeling a slight tug at her pants, y/n looked down to see ryoto, a five-year-old boy, who lived with his family a couple doors from her. due to the massive height difference between the two, as well as the ongoing chatter, she had to pick the small boy up in order to hear him. propping him up on her hip, she talked to him. "can you repeat what you said?"

the boy nodded eagerly. "how are cars sexy? i've heard my nii-san and his friends talk about cars before, but i always get confused on how they find them attractive. they're just... cars."

chuckling softly, the girl answered him. "personally, i call them such names depending on how they look. all cars look different, so it really depends on the person whether they like it or not. but i guess me calling it sexy is just my way of saying that the car looks better than other cars."

the boy simply blinked at her, not understanding a word she just said. "what?"

smiling softly, she explained it again, though in words that he would understand. as she was doing this, the pair of similar faces looked her way. "hey kaoru, take a look at that girl over] there."

said-twin looked at the direction his brother was pointing at, eyes widening upon seeing the h/c girl. it wasn't that she was a bad sight, but more of the complete opposite actually. "woahhh, she's gorgeous."

as the two boys continued staring at the girl, they were snapped out of it as they heard haruhi's voice behind them. y/n took notice of this, watching as the girl shook with anger, eyes staring at the six boys.

she darted her e/c eyes between her kouhai, as well the males, simply witnessing what was happening. she didn't want to intervene, as this wasn't really her business. maybe because she also found an angry haruhi cute, as she'd never really seen the kind soul angered.

"that pink dress is really cute!" four voices stated simultaneously, placing a thumbs up as they looked at haruhi.

"shut up, get the hell out of here!" haruhi told them, annoyance in her tone.

as y/n raised a brow at the tall blond male exaggerating about haruhi cursing them, she walked towards the younger girl/

"yo, haru-chan." she called out, catching the girl's, plus the six boys, attention. "why didn't you wake me up? i thought we agreed on going to the markets together?"

as if her mood did a 180, she scratched the back of her head, smiling nervously. "eh, gomen y/n-senpai. you looked like you were sleeping comfortably so i didn't want to wake you up. how long were you asleep for?"

she placed her hands into her pockets as she thought about it. "jean called me around five am, then i remember that him saying that we had been on call for an hour... then i fell asleep. so five hours."

smiling softly, she nodded. "you're sleep time's getting better. when was the last time you pulled an all nighter?"

"last week. i had to make some practice exams for koutaro. term-end exams are soon so the man's studying as hard as he could." the older answered nonchalantly, earning a nod from haruhi.

"that was the night previously i walked into your house to see you upside down on your couch, wasn't it?" the shorter girl laughed, completely forgetting about the host club being here.

the two then continued to converse with each other, unaware to the six pair of eyes that watched their interaction. the boys (well the twins, tamaki, and honey at least) all watched in awe as how the unknown girl managed to switch their friend's attitude completely.

though, as expected, tamaki was the first to react. "who is she?!?!"

 "who is she?!?!"