²⁴old man

JULY
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
"old man"

─────────────────

y/n didn't even manage to get to her team as she walked through their school's cafeteria, as she was met with an ecstatic voice calling her name.

turning around, she saw a familiar orange-haired boy running toward her. widening her eyes, she couldn't react much but open her arms for him, as he excitedly jumped up at hugged her. "shoyo-kun."

the first thing the boy said to her was, "woah, you're tall!"

she couldn't help but chuckle at him, placing him down so that he doesn't fall. "it's nice to see you in person, sho. how are you?"

"i'm doing great now that i've met you in person! natsu's going to be soooo jealous--"

y/n laughed softly at this, "at least you're doing good. where's your team?"

with a big smile on his face, he turned around, pointing at a group of male teenagers sitting down on a long table, their eyes widened and mouths hung open (except for a few). "they're over there-"

the boy stopped what he was saying, noticing the looks on his teammates faces. y/n raised a brow at them. "do they always look like that?"

hinata shook his head, also confused. "no, at least i don't think so..."

y/n hummed. "weird." she then turned her head back to hinata, the two now walking towards the karasuno table. "how were your games today? sorry i couldn't meet you sooner, i only came here around one, then i was refereeing at gym one."

hinata shook his head, smiling at her. "it's all good! we were playing at gym three and-- we kinda sucked..."

she raised a brow at him. "define, 'sucked'."

"we lost all our games..." he mumbled.

y/n's mouth opened slightly, before closing it. she sighed, patting his back. "that's alright, it's the first day, and you guys are most likely just starting to get used to a different scenery."

his mood then uplifted again, smiling at her. "you're right!! we have the whole week to be playing practice matches!"

she smiled at his enthusiasm. "that's the spirit."

the two were now at in front of the karasuno team - who i may add, still haven't gotten over the fact that hinata knew one of the girls here, and was close to her. hinata looked at his teammates. "why do you guys look like that? you look weird."

quickly realising that the two were now in front of the table, they shook themselves of their previous shock, pretending nothing just happened. well, majority of them tried, two of the boys were still shocked.

"hinata with a girl?!"

"a hot one at that?!"

y/n's sight of direction was changed from the males with a buzz cut and the bleached tuff, towards a grey-haired male around her age, who smiled embarrassingly at her. "hello, nice to meet you. sorry about them, they're kinda..."

the two looked back at the males, who were now standing up and grabbing hinata's shoulders, questioning him back and forth.

"yeah..." the male muttered, looking back at the girl. "my name's sugawara koushi! i'm guessing you're the girl that hinata's mentioned before, from fukurodani?"

he's told them about me? "yeah, i am. l/n y/n, but feel free to call me y/n, i'm more comfortable that way." she smiled at him back. she then looked behind him, at the rest of the team. "and i'm guessing you guys are karasuno's-"

"y/n?" a voice called out from behind her.

turning around, y/n's tired eyes widened. "kei-san?"

"it is you!" the man exclaimed happily, walking towards the girl for a hug. "how are ya, kid?"

"better than your lungs." she hugged him back, snickering. 

"my lungs aren't that bad, ya stupid brat!" he yelled, trying to hit the back of her head but failed as she dodged his hit.

"the cancer sticks you inhale from everyday says other wise." she continued, laughing further as she dodged his attempts to hit her. "and stop trying to hit me! that's child abuse!"

"you're eighteen next year! you're not that much younger than me!" he called out, now running after the girl. "and you also smoke for fucks sake!"

"you're like thirty years old! i'm like way much younger than you!" she yelled back. their interaction now caught the attention of many teenagers inside the cafeteria. "i don't smoke as much as you!"

"for the top student in their school, your japanese sucks!" he yelled out, still trying to catch her. they were completely oblivious to the many eyes watching them now.

"how the fuck would you know i'm the top student?! i haven't seen you since the beginning of the year, when term hadn't even started!"

"jean told me!" he answered her. "and can you date him already?! the kid rants to me weekly on how he should ask you out!"

"he's making a shit choice of asking you! i bet you're bad at girls-"

"ano... y/n-chan?"

the girl immediately stopped, smiling sweetly at hinata who called out for her. "yes my child?"

"how do you know our coach?" he asked her. though, as he asked that, keishin already managed to catch up to her. before he could tackle her to the ground, she moved out of the way, causing the man to trip over in front of the two teenagers.

she snickered at this. "youch, this old man's your coach now? what happened to working at the shop?"

"i still work there." he muttered, getting up as he  stood next to y/n. "and stop calling me old."

"i know him cause he's jean's cousin. ya remember him, right? we went down to miyagi during christmas holidays last year and met this guy then." y/n answered, placing an arm around keishin's shoulders. "did you grow shorter or something? i swear you were much taller last time-"

"you just grew taller. stop bullying me or i'm telling mila-oba that you're a bitch." the man told her, referring to his aunt, jean's mother.

"you can't do that, mila-oba loves me, so she wouldn't believe you." she stuck her tongue out at him.

"i'm her nephew?"

"and her son is my best friend, what's your point?" she smirked at him. "i'm there like, every week, so ya can't do shi-"

she was cut off by a piece of bread being shoved into her mouth. "please stop talking."

"hao hahing ru." she tried to say, but her words were muffled due to the bread inside her mouth. ("how fucking rude")