¹³sunkissed

JUNE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
"sunkissed"

─────────────────

"ehh, why do we have to have mid-terms, when we have term-end exams as well!!" bokuto complained, his head falling limp on the table in front of him. 

y/n chuckled as his behaviour, albeit being used to it. "it's so that you can get a better understanding of what you're learning, kou."

"or... in other words, dumbasses like you constantly need help." kuroo retorted, sitting on the other side of bokuto.

the three were currently at a small cafe in tokyo, the three studying english, cause both of the boys beside her don't know shit about it. despite the fact that mid-terms were finished, they still had exams at the end of the semester, meaning that they had to do more studying. 

"oi! i'm not that dumb!" bokuto perked his head up, eyes darting at the bed headed boy. "y/n-chan's been helping me!"

"yeah, but if it wasn't for konbi-chan here, you'd be failing classes." the boy answered, arm placed behind his friends seat, as he nodded his head towards the girl sitting in front of them.

"you can stop calling me konbi-chan, you know." y/n told him. "you already know my name."

"yeahhhh, but konbi-chan is cute." he replied. "like you."

y/n had a blank face on her face as he said that, as he waited for a reaction out of her. though, bokuto spoke up. "there's no point in trying to flirt with her, man. she's immune to flirting."

now y/n laughed at that. "yeah, you can't flirt with the master of flirting, tetsurou."

the boy widened his eyes. "you? master of flirting? yeah, right."

sure she has the looks, smarts, and even talent to cause anyone to fall for her, but her calm demeanour couldn't possibly be capable of being the master of flirting! how could it! she was always so responsible, and even looked tired (though that kind of physique only made her look hotter for some reason). he just couldn't believe it.

"it's true tho, bro... you should see her when she's with our kouhais..." bokuto murmured. "no wonder she has so many gifts given to her everyday..."

y/n chuckled even more at that. "i've been around jean too much... it's become a habit."

they were finishing up, as it was already sunset, and they had met up in the early afternoon. the sun projected soft golden rays of sunlight throughout tokyo, shining through the window of the small cafe. 

the two boys simply stared at her in awe, as the sun streaks kissed her skin softly, allowing a natural shimmer reflect off of her. it was mesmerising, which was was random as all she was doing was quietly pack their materials up.

the two boys were snapped out of her trance as she asked them a question. "are you guys ready to leave? or do you want to grab another snack before we go?"

kuroo managing to gather his thoughts up first, answered. "uh, yeah sure. we can leave now if you'd like."

"hey we should walk to you're house y/n-chan!" bokuto exclaimed, standing up. "it's dangerous to walk out by yourself! especially since you're so pretty!"

y/n let a smile grace her face. "i can fight the bad guys, besides, it's not even dark yet."

"nonsense! we shall be you're trusty knights and guide you to your humble abode!!" the bedhead stood up straight, chest puffed out with a fist over his heart. "promise!"

bokuto looked at his friend simply at first, before doing the same thing as him, as he stood straight, puffed out his chest, and placed his right fist over his left peck. kuroo took notice of this, leaning towards his friend as he whispered him something.

"other hand, bo." he told him, causing bokuto to switch fists, his expression not faltering - pretending that nothing just happened.

y/n eyed this with an amused expression, before shaking her head. "alright then, my "trusty knights", let's head on. i might give you guys some snacks as a treat."

"yes food!!" bokuto exclaimed, grabbing the girl's wrist and leading them out of the shop.

"hey wait for me!" kuroo yelled, running after the two.

"sunkissed"

saying that they were heading to y/n's house was a partial truth.

i mean they were headed towards it, however, they got distracted. 

now, the three were sitting on a park bench, specifically on the table itself rather than the chairs. it was big enough for the three teenagers to sit on top of it with their legs crossed, in the middle of it being different japanese confections.

"we could've gone to my house to eat these, you know." the girl muttered, munching on a doriyaki. they managed to pass by the small marketplace near y/n's house, and they had bought a couple of traditional sweets, cause the two honestly couldn't get enough of them. 

"yeah," bokuto spoke in a muffled sound, as his mouth was full. "but the sunset is nice."

kuroo agreed. "yeah, it's nice to be outside every once in a while."

"i guess you have a point," she replied. after finishing the snack, she leaned back, palms holding the table as it held her up. "wish the sunset was always this nice..."

and as if she was taken out of a portrait, a perfectly illustrated image sat in front of the two boys. with y/n looking as perfect as she usually did, along with the coloured sky as her background, it caused ease and warmness to the two boys hearts.

taking his phone out, kuroo managed to quietly snap a photo of the girl, smiling to himself of how well he was as a photographer (he wasn't, y/n was just aesthetically pleasing). he then turned his camera to his friend, bursting out laughing as bokuto sat there dumbfoundedly, cheeks large with sweets inside.

y/n had watched this, softly laughing as bokuto looked idiotically adorable. kuroo took photos of his friend, bokuto catching onto this late, as he tried to stop the other male after he had already taken a couple other photos. 

"you're taking photos of me without my consent! that's illegal!" the boy exclaimed dramatically. 

"no one's going to see it, idiot!" kuroo laughed, continuing to take more. 

and as y/n watched bokuto struggle to get his friend's phone, kuroo simply cackling even more as he continued looking at the pictures, y/n's tired smile grew into a sincere one. 

she may not have even noticed this, but the thought of her past was slowly leaving her mind. 

she may not have even noticed this, but she was slowly healing. 

healing from her past that scarred her.

however, at the same time, she was vulnerable, unaware to the events the future had in plan for her