³²food festival

AUGUST
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
"food festival"

─────────────────

"woahhh..." y/n mumbled in awe. "when you said it was a food festival, i didn't expect it to be this much of a deal!"

a large, excited smile formed on sasha's face, stars twinkling in her eyes. "sugoi!! there's so much food stalls!!"

the group of teenagers stared from the entrance in awe, looking upon the bustling area. it was colourful, and smelt so fucking yummy. there were so many food stalls standing near each other, yet despite the large crowd of people, there weren't any long lines.

"look! there's also rides!" connie exclaimed, pointing at the speedy-going ferris wheel.

"oh my god can we play that basketball shooting game please!" eren pleaded, eyes immediately finding the activity with large plushies around it.

armin glanced at his friends, gripping onto eren's sleeve. "okay guys i think we need to hold hands or something or we'll get lost--"

"oh my god is that seafood?!?" sasha exclaimed, grabbing onto the two closest people to her and running away with them in hold.

connie yelped at the abrupt tug whilst y/n tried to prevent her balance as sasha's grip was strong on the two of them.

"sasha you moron- come back here!" jean yelled, brows furrowed as he watched the short girl pull away y/n and connie.

though, his yell seemed to not reach her ears as the girl did not stop nor turn back, simply running towards the seafood stall.

y/n looked at sasha's excited face, then back to her other four friends. "we'll meet up again later." she told them, waving with her other hand. "i'll text later."

the other four watched as sasha, connie and y/n disappeared within the ocean of people. eren childishly crossed his arms at this, "no fair. i wanted to be with y/n today."

"you always want to be with her." armin deadpanned, grabbing the boy's bicep. "come on, i think i saw some yakiniku over there-"

"besides, we have a whole week." jean shrugged, placing his hands above his head laxly as they followed armin towards one of the stalls. "i'm gonna be snatching her before you bitches get to her."

"no you're fucking not you stupid cu-"

"are you sure that's all you want?" asked y/n, looking towards sasha who was practically drooling at the sight of the staff assembling her meal. the girl wordlessly nodded, her hungry eyes trained on the food. y/n simply chuckled at her response, glancing towards the cashier guy. "that'll be all please."

the guy nodded at her, a small smile on his face. "cash or card?"

as she held up her card, the guy gestured at the card machine thing. as she was doing this, y/n looked towards connie, who was also in awe as he looked around the many stalls.

"you know what you want to buy, con?" she asked him, interrupting the male's train of thought as he looked over at the girl.

"um um um... i think i want the takoyaki balls first!!" he exclaimed, pointing towards a stall in the distance.