⁰⁶practice match

MAY
CHAPTER SIX
"practice match"

─────────────────

it had been a few days since the encounter between y/n and the two nekoma boys, today being tuesday. the practice match between the two schools had already commenced, and kuroo was slightly sad that the girl he and kenma met a few days ago was nowhere to be seen. it was already the last set, and the girl had not made her entrance.

why was he sad? cause like kenma said, he gets no girls. with his mind always on volleyball, handling kenma, being the captain of their team as well as studying, he was pretty busy. his chemistry jokes were either cheesy or cute, but that's only if the girl understood the joke. majority of the time, they didn't know what it meant, so kuroo's chances of having a love life right now was currently slim.

so when the girl working at the convenience store actually understood his joke, and even said he looked good (even though she said he looked dumb before hand), he was pretty excited to see her again. not to mention she was very attractive, and kind of got the middle blocker's heart going skgesjglk.

bokuto's already mentioned her a couple of times before, as kuroo would want to hang out with his best friend after club hours, only to find out that he's being tutored and cannot join him. it wasn't a big deal to him, as he knew he also needed to study as it was his last year.

it was currently time out, and kuroo couldn't help but glance over the gym doors once more. "don't tell me you're waiting for her."

"waiting for who?" yaku asked, referring to what their setter had just asked.

kenma looked over to his other senpai. "kuroo's "soulmate". she goes here to fukurodani. we met her last week."

yaku raised a brow. "kuroo? soulmate? yeah you two must be delusional"

"shut up yaku." kuroo smacked the back of yaku's head. "she exists! she tutors bokuto."

then, the sudden sound of bokuto yelling "y/n-chan" caught their attention. their heads turned over to the grey haired male, who was waving his arms widely. they then turned her head to where he was waving at, to see the same girl who was working at the store last week.

"seeeee. she does exist!" kuroo pointed out in a matter-of-fact tone, pointing at the h/c female entering the gym.

the girl smiled at the energetic owl, walking over to where she usually would when she joined them for their practice. since she had met the team, she been coming inside and standing near the managers as she waited for it to finish, as she'd to tutor bokuto afterwards.

they were all then pushed back towards the court, as time out was over.

"hey yukie, hey kaori." the girl greeted the two managers with a smile, standing with them. "sorry i'm later than usual. kinda struggled on the song i was practicing."

"it's okay, we're just having a practice match with nekoma." yukie informed her.

"oh, today's tuesday?" she asked, receiving a nod from them. she let out a hum, turning her head over to the side in red. her eyes unintentionally looked for the two males she met last week, only to see that they were already looking at her. she waved her hand at them with a smile, the two boys waving back at her.

"you know them, y/n?" kaori asked, noticing the interaction.

"sorta. i met them last week, entertaining pair." y/n answered. "forgot to ask for their names though."