¹⁹group study

JULY
CHAPTER NINETEEN
"group study"

─────────────────

"morning jean." y/n exclaimed in a happy mood, walking down the staircase towards the boy, with her usual cup of coffee in her hand.

"you're chipper this morning." the boy chuckled. "managed to get a good sleep?"

she nodded eagerly. "yep! i made a friend last night, he seemed like a really bright person, but we talked for a while and i've never texted that much before. so i was able to sleep."

"it's a he?" he asked, not noticing the small hint of jealousy in his tone. "you replacing me already?"

she chuckled, the two beginning to walk up the street. "obviously not, no one could ever replace you jean. you're too special, my love."

jean hummed, somewhat proud of himself after what she just said. "better not. or else i'm beating up this guy that you're talking about."

"calm down," another chuckle left her mouth. "and he's like prefectures away. miyagi actually, and a first year."

"you know what school?" he asked her.

"nope," she stated, sipping from her coffee. "how do you feel? we have term-end exams next week."

"oh i'm definitely failing." he mumbled.

she raised a brow. "what happened to the revision papers i gave you?"

"fucking aki-san said that he was going to borrow them during lunch so i leant it to him, next thing i knew is that he spilt coffee on it." he rolled his eyes. he then dropped his head on y/n's shoulders, dramatically leaning on her as he held onto her arm. "i'm going to fail y/n! i'm going to fail and then i won't be able to go to a good music uni and then i'm going to fail life!"

she scoffed, patting his hair. "yeah right. you're not that dumb. you'll be alright."

"i don't understand anything on math! i don't fucking understand why i need to learn about brackets and shit when i'm practically going to be reading music notes for the rest of my life?!" he exclaimed frustratedly.

she winced, remembering how he was at the subject. "yeah, no... maybe you might fail that subject."

"i need all passing marks for all exams this year! i can't have a repeat of last year!" he told her, picking his head back up.

right. last year. he failed at least one exam every semester, except the third semester, though he barely got passing marks then. 

she took another sip. "how about this, join my tutoring session after club today. i already have three people joining me, so why not have another one?"

he knotted his brows in confusion. he knew that she normally tutored bokuto, but she didn't know about tutoring two other people. "who're the other two?"

"group study"

jean's eyes deadpanned as he sat in y/n's living room couch, along with bokuto, eren, and an unknown boy with messy hair. 

y/n walked inside the room, holding a tray with five cups in it. "got your drinks."

"thanks y/n-chan!" bokuto exclaimed, taking his cup from the tray.