³⁰fond eyes

AUGUST
CHAPTER THIRTY
"fond eyes"

─────────────────

y/n wasn't one to be seen shopping in one of tokyo's most expensive malls.

yet here she was, strolling down the marble floors of said shopping mall. it was all so foreign, yet not at the same time. everything here seemed to be so fragile, especially with the price that came along with it.

it wasn't just the luxurious fashion brands that every luxurious person owned, it also had materials that high-end people would be using. which is what y/n was here for. walking down the mall, the girl tried to search for a shop that would contain different scientific materials.

she didn't rush upon finding the shop, she had all the time she needed. she didn't resent the place, as she took in every glorious detail that the mall gave her. anyone could come into this building if they wanted to, it's just that, everything here was high priced due to the top quality of the items in here.

y/n's was caught by a sports shop that she was all too familiar with, immediately looking away from it. she wasn't surprised that the shop was there, but she'd much prefer if she didn't make any contact with anyone that would know her parents.

continuing her walk, y/n was too preoccupied to notice that she had accidentally bumped into someone. the bump made the other person trip over their own feet, expecting to land on the hard floor. however, the didn't. toned arms made its way around the male's waist, as y/n prevented them from falling.

the person"s eyes widened upon the sudden contact, holding onto y/n's shoulders to prevent themselves from falling further. y/n's eyes widened upon realising who the person was, before relaxing them, a lazy smiled forming on her mouth. "hey mori-san."

"y/n." the boy softly breathed out, in shock. stammering, he stood back up straight, "what are you doing here?"

the girl simply shrugged, "buying a birthday present. you?"

. "same as you. and please, no honorifics. you're allowing me to call you y/n either way." he told her, returning back to his serious stance. "do you need any help locating the shop? it's a big mall."

the girl chuckled, before glancing at the map of the mall that he had in his hand. "i should be asking you that."

a small smile formed on his face as he rubbed at the back of his head. "yeah, i don't usually go out by myself. i'm normally with honey."

she tilted her head to the side, brows furrowed. "how come you're not with him today?"

"he's in his kitchens, baking a bunch of cakes with the chefs." mori answered honestly, shrugging afterwards. "so i've decided to go by myself. it saves me some money either way. i won't have my cousin pestering me about buying anymore sweets."

"that's cute." she smiled, "i didn't realise you were cousins."

he nodded, "not many do. but i guess its reasonable. we look nothing alike, nor do we act alike."

the two then fell into a quick conversation, until y/n realised that they were just standing there in the middle of the walk way, she looked up at him, gracing him with a small smile. "do you wanna grab some lunch? my treat, for almost making you fall."

mori - not hearing her whole sentence, and only the part where she asked if he wanted to grab some lunch with her - nodded, smiling. "i'd love to."

"fond eyes"

"when you said that we were going to go eat lunch," mori started, as he and y/n were now walking away from the restaurant, "i didn't expect you to be paying for it."