²⁷bar~be~cue!

JULY
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
"bar~be~cue!"

─────────────────

a week had gone by, and it was the last day of the training camp. y/n was currently refereeing a game between karasuno and fukurodani - in which she just signalled a time out, the two teams tied at eighteen points.

the girl let out a soft yawn, covering her mouth in the process. it'd only been midday, and it seemed as if it was already night time, due to her fatigue.

who was she kidding? she always felt like it was night time - due to her wanting to sleep.

but guess what.

she can't.

the girl hopped off of the referee stool she was on, drinking the matcha latte that coach had given her. she was somewhat glad that the training camp was now over - however a sense of sadness overcame her, knowing that she possibly wouldn't be able to see the people she managed to connect with easily in a long time - or possibly ever again.

as she sipped from the cup in her hand, she glanced over at the team consisting of crows. ultimately, she was proud of how they had come. she managed to have the team grow on her, due to its members and their determination to have her as their friend. the chaoticness of the team amused her, hence why she managed to grow fond of them.

she was already close with hinata, the boy growing on her as if he was her own younger sibling. watching as he managed to grow as a volleyball player just in the course of one week made her proud. not only him, but the other first years as well. she knew that kageyama was a prodigy setter - but at the beginning of the camp, she found that he managed to struggle working on a type of set that he wanted to master. though now, on the last day, she noticed how the set was slowly coming together - reaching it's falling point where he wanted it to go.

of course, y/n also noticed the other first years. she found that tsukishima was possibly one of the saltiest human beings she's ever met - especially towards a couple specific third years, and the first years of his own team. she noticed his lack of care for the sport, how he was always one of the first people to head in for bed whilst everyone else stayed late for individual practice. but around the end, she found that he would always be training with a certain bed-headed middle blocker, who taught him tips and such on how to become a better one.

yamaguchi. y/n found the boy absolutely adorable. he was more of an insecure type of person, especially since all the other first years are on the starting line up - and he was only the pinch server. seeing as she already knew a couple things about volleyball (that's a lie. she knows many things. along with many other sports), y/n found it in herself to help the boy in learning a serve she knew he would be able to master. a jump float serve wasn't an easy thing to master, so y/n made sure to give him multiple tips, before she went over to gym three with her own circle of animals.

followed by the first years, the two simpletons in the second year managed to entertain her throughout the whole week. she found that their adoration for her was simply amusing, as they'd go through many ways to praise her, help her, compliment her... you know the rest. not only that, but they were actually a chaotic duo, which was really why she was entertained by them. they weren't bad people, and y/n could visibly see that.

compared to those two, the other three second years were most likely one of the only ones that kept her sane. they weren't in the starting line up, nor did they have any obtrusive skills to them. yet that didn't make them any bad. y/n enjoyed the talks she had with them, albeit them being short.

the third years of the team also managed to keep her sane, though not as much as the other three second-years. the captain of the team was a mature person - and y/n loved having those type of people in her lives, as she's been surrounded by immature ones majority of the time. she found that his all-rounder skills fascinating, as well as the fact that he was someone that his team could easily rely on, bot in-game and off-game wise. though there were times that he grew scary, due to his anger unleashing onto the simpletons of his team.