Chapter 5: The Escapeless Journey

"I don't know what it is, because I can't see it," Matthew complained.

"Whatever it is, it's extremely bright," Mothra whispered.

"It's coming from down there," Matthew mentioned.

Godzilla whacked Matthew in the back of the head and continued to grumble complaints that he made it obvious what he was saying.

"Hmm, We can't seem to understand, you mind saying that again?" Mothra commented.

Matthew rolled his eyes, and strayed away towards the luminous light, while the other two fought each other.

Matthew walked down, hid behind a support beam, and took a peek.

"What's the matter? Silk got your muzzle?" Mothra antagonized.

Godzilla felt something wrong, and looked down where he saw Matthew behind the support beam taking a peek and panicked. He facepalmed and pushed Mothra aside, and running down the steps to Matthew.

"il aurait pu le dire," Mothra muttered to herself as she joined them behind the support beam.

Godzilla sneaked up to the support beam where Matthew was, and flicked him on the head.

"Really?" Matthew muttered.

Matthew turned back to the bright light and saw nobody around, so he decided to take a look as Godzilla hesitantly followed.

Mothra ran down the stairs and followed them.

"What is this stuff?" Mothra asked as she noticed shards of crystal.

"I don't know, they look like crystals and according to my scanner that my parents told me to keep with me for emergencies, it appears to be radioactive. According to the color, it's uranium crystals, but the only way to tell for sure is to shine a black light, or what we call an ultraviolet light on it. If it's uranium it'll glow green," Matthew explained.

"Good thing, I always keep one with me just so I can create secret messages that won't appear under a black light. It's still in experiment stages though, here you go," Mothra said carefully passed her compact ultraviolet light to Matthew.

"Just what I thought, it is uranium, it's glowing green, but the real question is what is it doing beneath our school. Hmm, look! You see these pieces here, they are uneven meaning they've been torn off," Matthew whispered.

"So?" Godzilla commented in a muffled voice.

"So, it means someone or something is either tearing them off for their own personal gain, because this stuff would get you a lot of money on the black market, and it is illegal to mine Uranium in a populated area. Or!! They may be feeding it to something, maybe because it may give it energy, maybe. It's a theory, either way we have a problem," Matthew described.

"Guys! You might wanna check this out," Mothra announced.

Matthew and Godzilla walked to where Mothra was standing, and looked over where they saw a large hole.

"What do you think made that?" Matthew wondered.

"Something huge, about 7-10 feet tall," Mothra answered.

"Well, well," A strangely familiar female voice said from nearby.

"Looks like Me and my Señora were not the only gente to discover it," A male voice stated.

"Well done, children, you've caught us red handed," the female titan congratulated.

"Madam Scylla and Señor Orga, it's over, we know the truth, and we'll tell the entire school," Matthew confronted.