Chapter Five

I woke up the next morning, not forgetting what Craig had all said the night before. My eyes were swollen and puffy, and my nose was all stuffed up. No matter how crappy I was feeling, I did what I could and pushed though the morning. I showered and did my regular routine. I put make-up on hoping that it would hide any evidence of crying the night before. I went downstairs to be met by my mother, and we left for school, where I was met by Wendy and Bebe.

"Girl, are you okay?" Bebe asked concerned.

Crap, I couldn't let them know what happened.

"Yeah, I just kind of miss home," I lied.

"Oh, honey," Wendy sympathized. "We just need to get you a distraction to keep your mind off home."

I had a confused look fixed on my face, "what do you mean?"

"Boys, duh," Bebe answered

"Boys?" I questioned.

You are going to fit in with every other bitch and slut in this town...

Craig's words haunted my mind. I wasn't sure that boys were the best solution at the time, especially if there were more like Craig.

"Yes, silly, look, I have to go, but Wendy will fix you up," Bebe assured as she walked away.

Wendy then stopped us dead in our tracks, "So, who do you have your eye on?"

I thought back to everyone that I had met. Clyde, he was nice, cute, friendly, athletic, and flirty.

"I kind of thought Clyde was cute," I confessed.

Wendy's eyes went wide as she mumbled to herself, "Oh dear, she is not going to be happy."

"Well if someone already likes him, I can like someone else," I offered.

"No, no, no, she is having a fling with Kyle last I checked," Wendy assured. "Clyde it is," she confirmed, leaving me alone and confessed, to talk to Stan.

The morning went fast. I avoided Craig at all cost. I hardly even glanced his way. Though, every once in a while, I caught Craig staring at me, creep.

The next place to go that day was lunch. I was peacefully getting my food from Chef, when I was rudely bumped.

"Watch it-" I turned to see an athletic brunette standing before me. I quickly turned to hide my blush.

"What was that, gorgeous?" he asked.

"Hey, Clyde," I shyly greeted.

"Awe, you're so cute," he laughed. "So, a little birdy told me that you are interested in all this."

My face turned all shades of red instantly, and my heart was pounding. I was ready to kill Wendy.

"I'm going to guess, by your reaction, this source is pretty liable," he smiled.

All I could do was nod like an idiot.

He let out a loud laugh, "Okay, since your aren't too kin on talking right this moment, how about you take this and text me later." He put a piece of paper on my try and winked to me before going to sit with his friends.

I looked to Wendy who was grinning like an idiot. I couldn't believe this was happening. It made me forget all about the crappy things that had happened. That was until I sat down at the table.

I sat next to Bebe like I did yesterday with Wendy across form me. I tried to make conversation with Bebe, but she wouldn't even acknowledge the fact that I was sitting there. I looked to Wendy for an explanation, but she just shrugged.

Great, its only the second day and I already have one of my new friends pissed at me.

The rest of the day didn't go all that well either. Bebe refused to even glance my direction and wasn't much better at practice. She refused to set the ball to me, and once the couch told her to set to me, she said she need to take a break. Because of this, I got stuck with the inexperienced freshman setter.

The next two weeks went on like this. Bebe and I wouldn't say a word to each other unless necessary. And, the team was suffering form it. The coach was getting extremely aggravated. She kept giving us lectures that we need to leave our drama off the court, since we were losing all our games. There was only one good thing about the past two weeks, and that was Clyde. We were talking, a lot, and we were getting really close. He made all the sucky shit with Bebe go away, well, until that last Friday.