Chapter Ten

*Your P.O.V.*

I woke up in my bed, confused.  I didn't recall going to bed last night or even coming home.  And, the blanket wrapped around my was strange, too.  It didn't even smell like home.  I pushed my nose to blanket sniffed it.  It smelled familiar, almost like- Craig.  I jumped out of my bed.  I thought back to what all happened.  That's when I remembered.

Stupid Craig, even stupider Clyde.

As I thought more bad thoughts of the two buys, I went back to my bed and grabbed my phone to see a new message from Clyde.

Clyde- What time did you want to met up today?

I let out an ironic laugh as I started to violently tap on my phone. 

Me- Can't, I'm sick

I tossed my phone onto the other side of my bed and snuggled into my blankets more as I tried to completely figure everything out.  I went through the entire night step by step.  Then I remembered, Craig saw me cry, and he comforted me.  I had to go back over there, but I needed an excuse.  After a couple of seconds of thinking, I remembered the blanket and snuggled into it more. 

 Of coarse, how could've I been so stupid?

I ran downstairs and threw the blanket into the wash.  Then, I ran back upstairs to shower.  Once I was done showering, I got dressed, but only in some yoga pants and a t-shirt, I didn't want Craig to think I was dressing up for him or something.  I dried my hair and put it in a bun.  I went back downstairs to throw the blanket in the drier and, then, went back upstairs to wash my face and brush my teeth.  When I was done, I decided to eat some breakfast  while I waited.  I thought to put a little bit of make-up on to help cover my swollen eyes.  I kept it light, because well, I was only going to see Craig, and he has seen me at my worst.  Finally, the blanket was dry, so I folded it and went over to Craig's.

When I got there, I knocked on the door nervously. 

His mom answered, "Oh, you're (Y/M/N)'s daughter aren't you? What can I help you with?"

"Is Craig here?" I asked.

"Oh yes, just wait here," She said leaving to get him. 

She left the door wide open, and I stood there awkwardly.  I wasn't sure if I was supposed to go inside, or wait outside.  A couple of seconds later, Craig walked to the door.  He was in sweatpants and a t-shirt, and his hair was all messy.  He looked really tired.

"Did you just wake up?" I asked.

He yawned, "Yeah, but-"

"It's 11:00 o'clock," I interrupted.

He just shrugged.

"Well, I just came to return your blanket," I said shoving the blanket towards him.  "Oh and, I washed it."

  "Thanks," he took it from me.

We stood there for a couple of seconds in an awkward silence. 

"Was that all?" Craig asked breaking the silence.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to bring up last nights event, "Well-"

"Oh, wait, that reminds me," Craig cut me off. 

He ran upstairs with the door wide open once again.  Leaving me in the same situation where I wasn't sure whether to go inside or stay outside.  A cold breeze came causing me to jump inside closing the door behind me.

Craig came back downstairs holding a piece of paper, "Here."

I took it to see what it was.  Shockingly, it was our science project, completed and nicely typed up.

"Did you stay up all night to finish this?" I asked.

"Yeah, but its not a big deal, I couldn't sleep anyways," he shrugged.  "Look, it's not that I don't want to stand here all day and chat, but I have work so..."

"I get it," I laughed.  Started to leave when I felt like I needed to say, "Hey Craig."

He turned back around to face me, "Yeah?"

"Thank you," I told him.

"I told you, it's no big deal-"

"No, thank you," I said with a serous face.

"Whatever," he muttered, but I think he knew what I meant.

I let out a small laugh as I left to go home.