Chapter Eight

We were only half an hour into work, and Craig had done nothing but play with his little guinea pig. I was starting to get agitated. He was doing nothing while I was working on our project that we are barley half way done with.

"Would you knock it off and come over here to help me?" I asked trying to stay calm.

"Why do you like Clyde?" he asked completely ignoring my question.

"What does that have to do anything?" I questioned.

"Why do you like him?" he asked again, his voice not wavering.

"Probably because he is nice and knows how to treat a girl, unlike some people," I answered bluntly. I turned back to the homework and tried to ignore him so I could finish the project.

He let out a loud snort, "Yeah, your right, just ask Bebe, considering he is with her right now."

I felt a pit in my stomach start to grow, "Your lying. Bebe might be pissed at me right now, but Clyde wouldn't do that. You're just trying to upset me."

"Why would I care about how you feel? I just felt like you should know the truth. If you refuse to believe me, I'll prove it," Craig pulled out his phone puting it on speaker and started to call Clyde.

"Hello?" a nasal voice answered. I knew that voice anywhere. It was defiantly Clyde.

"Hey, do you want to come over and play video games?" Craig asked nonchalantly.

"Dude, I thought (Y/N) is over working on your guys' project?" he asked suspiciously.

I felt my body tense, and my heart was pounding.

"She was here, but I pissed her off and she left to finish the project on her own," Craig lied.

"Oh, cool, well I already told you that I can't-" giggle form the background cut off Clyde. "Bebe, stop," Clyde mumbled. "Anyways, dude, I told you I can't hang out tonight. I'm with Bebe."

"Oh, yeah, you told me that. Sorry for interrupting you two," Craig hung up the phone. "Do you believe me now?"

"Why?" I felt a tear steam down my face.

"Why would Clyde do that? Well-"

"No, why do you go out of your way to make me feel like shit every time I'm around you?" I now had tears all over my face.

Craig took in a deep breath, "Look, I-"

"No, you can't fix what you just did, you're just an asshole," I cried.

"But you had the right to know what Clyde-"

"I don't care about that," I said. Craig seemed taken back. "Whatever, I'm leaving." I started to slam my books into a pile and shove them in my bag. I was ready to storm out of the room until something stopped me.

Craig spun me around and had me in his embrace. I sobbed into his shirt. He slowly slid my bag off my shoulders and lead me to his bed. He laid me down not breaking our embrace. I snuggled deeper into his chest as I continued to weep. He held me closer and I could hear his heart beat. It calmed me. Then, Craig started to rub my back. I actually fell sleep in his arms.