Chapter Thirteen

I went to the Mr. Mackey's office just as I was instructed.  When I got in there, I was greeted not just by Mr. Mackey, but also the principle.  I was bitched out for ever by the principle, and once she left Mr. Mackey had a long talk.  Well, it probably wasn't as long as it seemed, but my lunch was currently all over Clyde so I was too busy thinking about food.  I got a long lecture on how making others cry is wrong, and not to worry, there were plenty of 'm'kays' in the conversation.  It was decided that I would spend the next 4 Saturday mornings with Mr. Mackey in detention, but it was way worth it.  I left Mr. Mackey's only to be greeted by Craig sitting in one of the waiting chairs.

"What's the damage?" he asked avoiding eye contact.

"4 weeks," I answered.

"Worth it?" he questioned looking up at me.

I just smiled.

"It always is," he admitted looking back to the ground.

"What did you do?" I asked trying to keep up the conversation.

""Flipped off a teacher," he bluntly answered.

"Why?" I smiled, I guess it really was his thing.

"He was pissing me off, and I felt like it," he shrugged.

I just laughed, "See you."

I went back to class where I met with Wendy.  She informed me that Heidi Turner was throwing a party on Saturday and wanted me to come.  I turns out that I was now a badass in school.  After I was done talking to Wendy, Kyle, who happened to sit right in front of me, turned around and put some food on my desk. 

"What's this for?" I asked.

"You were in the office for a really long time, and your lunch was all over Clyde, so I figured you might be hungry. Plus, you have practice after school, and it's no healthy to practice with an empty stomach," he explained.

 That's so sweet.

I felt a smile form, "Thanks."

"Don't mention it," he smiled back as he turned to face the front of the room.

~Time Skip to Saturday~

I showed up to school around 9:00.  Mom was going to take me car shopping some time next week, but because of my little stunt, I was now grounded and had to wait at least another month for my car.  Luckily, Mom and Dad had plans to leave this weekend, so I still got to stay at Wendy's for the night, which meant I still got to go to Heidi's party.  Of course, Mom and Dad had no idea about that, but they didn't really need to know anyways.

I got into the school and went to one of the empty classrooms that the school used as a detention room.  Craig was already in there, and I'm pretty sure he was asleep on his desk.  We sat in there for hours.  It was awful.  I spent the entire time counting down the minutes.  Every once in a while, it got interesting, and Mr. Mackey would preach to us on what we did wrong.  It was pretty funny.  Soon enough, we got out of that dreaded room.

Craig was walking ahead of me, pretty fast might I add.  I though it would be cool if we walked home together, since we lived so close, and our relationship was forming.  It had nothing to do with what Wendy said, I would just like to make that clear.  I didn't like Craig, and he didn't like me.  Okay, that might be a small lie, I may like Craig a tiny bit.

"Craig, wait up," I said trying to catch up with him.

He stopped an turn towards me with his usual 'I don't give a fuck' look.

"Why don't we walk home together," I suggested.

"I don't know, why don't we," he stated.

"Smartass," I commented with a small smile.

We walked pretty much the entire way in silence.  So much for our relationship blooming.  We were about a block away when I knew I would have to say something.

"Are you going to Heidi's party tonight?" I asked hoping that was enough to start a conversation.

"Hadn't really thought about it, you?" he questioned.

"I think so," I answered.

He just grunted in a response.  We were soon approaching to my house.  I was a little bummed by the lack of getting to know each other, but some words were said, so that was a good thing, I guess.  Maybe I was right and he really wasn't into me.  Judging on what just happened, I think I was right.  Craig seemed to be distant.  Maybe, now that I'm available, he is staying away so I don't form a crush on him. 

I took I a deep sigh. "See you," I said to him trying to sound happy even though I was slowly breaking. 

He just wave and walked off.

 I walked into my house to get slowly get ready for Heidi's party.  I ate some lunch, then, showered, and dried my hair.  Wendy wasn't coming to get me until 8:00, so I laid in my bed to take a nap, leaving my mind to wonder.

 I knew it was too good to be true.  He honestly didn't seem like that bad of a guy, considering everything he has helped my with, but ,yet again, he was such a jerk time from time.  I guess its not the end of the world, there are other guys out there.  I'll just have to find some one else.  Probably at Heidi's if I'm luck I'll met someone else tonight.  If I'm lucky...