Chapter Eleven

Monday came around, and I hadn't responded to any of Clyde's text messages.  The first thing I did when I got to school was find Wendy to tell her what had all happened with Clyde. I decided to leave out that Craig was the one who told me.  When she asked me who told me, I lied and said it was an anonymous tip from some random person.  She totally bought it.  She told me that none of it shocked her.  Bebe had been pretty pissed about the whole thing, but I wasn't really mad at Bebe.  I was, but now I was mad at Clyde. 

Wendy and I went to our lockers where we were greeted by the prick himself.

"Hey," he greeted, putting his arms around me.

I instantly pulled away.

"Are you okay?" he asked.  "You hadn't responded to any of my texts all weekend, and I know you saw them."

I wasn't sure what too say.  I didn't want him to know what I knew, but I wasn't sure what to say to him.  I looked to Wendy for some help, but she just stood there, some friend.

"W-well... I was sick, and I -"

"She left her phone at my place," Craig butted in.  "I wasn't totally honest when she left my place, she left because she was about to throw up and forgot her phone.  I saw your texts, but didn't find it my place to intervene.  I didn't give her back her phone until Saturday morning, and I gave it to her mom-"

"Yes," I interrupted.  "And, mom didn't give me back my phone until this morning.  I was bed ridden for the entire weekend."

Clyde stared at us suspiciously, "Then who sent the message telling me that you were sick?"

My heart skipped a beat.  I forgot that I sent that.  I had to think fast before my silence got even more suspicious.  "My mom must have," I finally said.

Clyde looked at Craig and I again before leaving, "Whatever."

I let out a sigh of relief.

I heard Craig make a 'tch' noise before rolling his eyes and walking away.

"Craig was the one who told you, wasn't he?" Wendy asked.

"He might have," I admitted.  "Promise not to tell a soul?"

Wendy let out small giggles, "Of coarse, silly, what else are friends for?"

I smiled at her, "Thanks."

"He totally covered for you," Wendy pointed out.

"Yeah, unlike some people," I stated.

"I'm sorry, I had no idea what to say, or how to even cover for you like that," Wendy pleaded.

"Well, since it all worked out, I'll forgive you," I mumbled.

"Goody, anyway, totally of topic, but I think Craig might like you," Wendy nudged me.

I felt a smile creep onto my face.  What if Craig did like me?

"Oo, I see a smile.  Does someone like Craig?" she teased.

My smile got wider until I remembered everything that happened.  "No, never, Craig is an absolute asshole."

"Maybe true, but he is pretty hot," Wendy stated bluntly.

"You think he is hot?" I asked.

"Yeah, so does, like, every other girl in the school," Wendy explained.

"Every girl?" I questioned in disbelief. 

"Yeah, Bebe tried to get with him once but got shot down, and Bebe is one of the prettiest girls in school.  You'd be pretty lucky if he liked you." Wendy's eyes locked onto Stan, "There's Stan, I got to go."

"Wait, Wendy," I pleaded.

She stopped, "Yeah?"

"Please, don't meddle.  I don't know if I like him, and right now I need to get over Clyde myself.  I don't want a rebound boy," I explained.

Wendy gave me a sincere smile, "Okay, I promise." She went back to running to Stan, leaving me in thought.

 Girls actually like that jerk?  There is no way he likes me, no way.

After standing in the hall for  a few seconds, I decided to get to class where Craig was already waiting.  Great.  I felt weird around him now, but never the less, I took my seat.  I took out my notebook to doodle so the time would pass when a folded piece of paper landed on my desk.  I unfolded it to read a message that was written in neat penmanship.

When are you going to tell Clyde you know?

I was assuming that the note came form Craig.  I decided to write back:

What are we in- 2nd grade?  Just text me-(your number)

I threw it back at him and went back to my doodling.  A few seconds later my phone lit up with an unknown number.

Craig- Okay, so when are you going to tell Clyde that you know?

Me- I don't know yet

Craig- Are you going to make him pay?

Me- I want to, but I don't want to cause a scene

Craig- Cause a scene, you deserve to.  Getting in trouble isn't that bad, plus, make him pay for all the other girls he has dome this to

Me- There are others???

  I saw Craig chuckle.

Craig- If you only knew

That made me mad, no worse infuriated.  None of my friends bothered to tell me, but I was the knew girls so they probably didn't care about my feelings, but that is a bitch move.  But, I couldn't be as mad at that as I was to the fact that Clyde had been doing this to other girls.  He was going to pay.