Chapter Nine

*Craig's P.O.V.*

I kept trying to sooth her.  I didn't hear her sobs anymore, and her breathing was calm.  I was pretty sure she was asleep. 

"I'm so sorry," I whispered to her.  "Clyde and his goddamn ego got to me.  I should've never listened to his dibs rule.  If I would've known that this was going to happen or that Clyde was going to do this, I wouldn't have said any of those rude things." I let out a quiet laugh.  "To be honest, you are one of the prettiest girls that I've ever seen.  It kills me when you and Clyde hang out together and laugh together.  I should have never let him have you."

I looked at my phone.  It was already 9:00.  I figured that I should probably get her home.  I slowly broke from her grip.  She looked so lonely when I left.  I went over to my desk where her stuff was.  Her notebook was sloppily thrown together from her small rampage.  I found our project and set it on my desk. 

 She has enough going on, plus I was a dick.  I owe her this.

I went to my dresser to change out of my shirt that was soaked from her tears.  Then I went back to my bed, where (Y/N) laid peacefully, and wrapped her in the blanket the was loosely laying on her already.  I went back over to desk and slide her bag over my shoulders.  I saw her phone, that was still sitting by itself on my desk, light up.  Curiosity got the best of me, and I had to see who it was.  It was Clyde.  I had to see what this said.

Clyde- Hey, are you doing okay?  I heard you had a rough night.

I bit my lip to keep from yelling.  He doesn't even know the half of it.  Not that he cares.  He is just and asshole. 

I took a deep breath and set her phone in her bag.  I walked over to (Y/N) and picked her up bridal style.  Then, I went down the stairs and made my way to her house.  Once I got to her place, I knocked on the door to have her mom open with a concerned look.

"Oh, no, what happened?" she asked.

"We were working on our project and she fell asleep, no big deal, but if you would, please, lead me to her room," I explained.

"Oh, yes, of coarse," her mom lead me into the house and up the stairs.  "Right here, I guess, I'll leave you to it."

I walked into her room and set her in her bed.  I kept her wrapped in my blanket just to avoid any complications.  She looked so peaceful even though her eyes were little puffy.

I took a look around her room.  She had pictures hung on the wall of what looked like her and her old volleyball team.  She looked so happy in it.  Her room was painted (f/c), and a lot of her room was still in boxes.  I looked back to (Y/N) and tucked her into some of her own blankets.  I kissed her on her forehead, shut off her light, and made my way back home.