Chapter Seven

I got a ride home from Wendy after practice. Mom had been planning to get mea vehicle once we were all settled in, so who knows when she will feel like we are finally settled in. On the Brightside, Wendy is there for me.

Once I got home, I asked mom were the Tucker's lived. Mom turned my simply question into I long conversation that wasn't really needed. I was already in an irritable mood, but I kept my temper under control for the conversation. Once I got away form that, I went to shower. Then, I changed into so gym shorts and a t-shit. I slid on some slides, grabbed my book bag, and walked down the street to Craig's place. I'm not going to lie, it was a cold walk and I should've put pants on or at least a jacket, but you know, YOLO.

None the less, I survived the chilly journey. I approached Craig's door and hesitantly knocked. I held my breathe waiting for it to open. I was a little nervous, considering what has had happened with Craig, I can't be too sure where my self-esteem will be at the end of the night.

The door opened and there stood a shirtless Craig. His raven colored hair was still dripping some water form his shower. It was weird seeing him without his hat, even weirder seeing him shirtless. Surprisingly,he had abs. Like, I know he is on the football team, but he seems like one to not care, but apparently he stays in good shape for it.

"I didn't expect you to get here so soon," he said in his monotone voice that broke me form my train of thought.

Realizing that I was staring at him, I looked to the ground and nodded. Once I looked back up, my eyes went straight to his physic. He had pretty impressive abs, and- wait, no, Craig is a jerk and asswipe, that I want no part of. I have Clyde.

"Let's get to work," I said barging my way into his house. I walked into his living room to find a younger girl watching T.V.

"Ruby, get out of here. We have a project to work on," Craig commanded.

"No, go upstairs and work on your stupid project," she said and, then, flipped us off.

Craig let out a groan, "Whatever."

He started to go upstairs. Not sure if I was to follow him or not, I just stood there awkwardly for a couple seconds before I decided to follow him. While going up the stairs, the family photos on the wall caught my eye.

"Are you coming?" Craig called form a room upstairs.

"Yeah," I quickened my pace. I walked into the room that I thought I heard him call from, but I was mistaken. I think it was Ruby's room that I walked into. I panicked and ran into another room, which was luckily Craig's. When I got I there, Craig was putting on his shirt, which made me feel more comfortable. I, then, got my notebook out and got to work.