Chapter Six

I was sitting in my desk in the science room talking to Clyde, like every day. The teacher came into the room causing everyone to scatter to their seat, like usual.

"Alright class," the teacher slammed his stack of paper onto his desk causing some students to jump. "Today, you guys are going to be working on a project with partners."

Everyone instantly looked to their preferred partner.

"Now, now, before you all get too excited, I have already pre-picked your partner," the teacher said disappointing everyone in the room. "I will be handing out packets that explain everything that you need to do for the project. It will be over the latest chapter about genetics. I won't be answering questions on this project because one of the reasons for this project is to test your comprehension skills. Okay, now for your partners," the teacher started to ramble off names. I zoned out until I heard my name called, "(Y/N) and Craig."

Are you serous right now?!?! Out of all people in this class room, it had to be Craig! Hell, I would've rather had Bebe, instead. At least she gives a shit about her grade, unlike Craig, who is in the consoler's office every other day for getting in trouble!

"Your projects will be due by Monday, so if you don't finish in class, you do have the weekend to work on it," the teacher said interrupting me from my mind rant.

I stared at the back of Craig's head in anger. Knowing he wasn't going to get up and get the packet, I got up myself. Once I came back to our desks, I moved mine so our desks were side by side. I saw him mumble something under his breath and roll his eyes.

"Look, I don't want to be your partner, either, so suck it up and help me get this project done," I scolded.

He rolled his eyes again and grabbed the packet. He scanned though it and tossed it back onto my desk. Then, he took out his phone and just sat there on it.

"Are you serous? You're just going to sit there on your phone?" I asked in disbelief.

He didn't even look at me.

"Fine, then" I said gritting my teeth. The nerve of that guy.

I worked for the rest of the period and didn't even get half the project done. My eyes kept glancing up to the clock as I freaked out about time. Before I knew it, the bell rang.

"I'm coming over after practice, and you will work on this project with me," I said grabbing my stuff and leaving.

"What?" he asked.

"I'm coming over after- wait, no that's a lie, I'm going home, showering, and then going to your place after practice," I restated. "There is no way, I'm doing all of this project alone, and since there isn't a football game tonight, I'm coming over." I was just out the door when I remembered, "Oh, and you better shower after practice. I'm not working with a smelly sweaty ape." With that, I was out the door on my way to my next class, hoping I sounded assertive.

I dreaded the rest of the day. I knew that as soon as practice my night was going to become hell. If I only could've pushed it off, but Clyde and I had plans for the rest of the weekend. I wanted to hang out tonight also, but Clyde cancelled the day before. He said something about helping out his dad at the store.

Coach was actually in a good mood tonight. Sure, she made us run a lot because of Bebe, but it was still going to be better that my plans afterwards. As much as I didn't want it to end, it unfortunately did.