Chapter Seventeen

I walked into school Monday morning, and I had all eyes on me.  It was like the first day all over again.  I saw a couple of them mumbling stuff to each other, no doubt that it was about me.  I spotted Wendy and quickly went over to her.  Hopefully, she knew something.

"Why is everyone looking at me?" I asked her.

"Because of Craig," she answered.

I gave her a confused look, "What does Craig have to do with anything?"

Wendy rolled her eyes and laughed, "You really are clueless sometimes, aren't you?  Annie said you and Craig left together, and-"

"Nothing happened," I interrupted.

Wendy cocked her eyebrow, "So, what happened? Did you guys play board games?"

"No, I just slept at his place, nothing more," I assured.

"I believe you, but good luck getting the rest of the school to believe you.  Right now, most of the girls hate you, and the rest are calling you a whore," Wendy explained.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you got to touch the untouchable Craig, and they are calling you a whore because of how fast you are moving from guys.  You went from Clyde, to Kyle, to Craig," she answered.  "Oh, speaking of him, I have to go," she said quickly leaving.

I looked in the same direction she was looking expecting to see Craig, but to my surprise, it was Kyle.  I turned back to Wendy, but she was gone.

Fan-freaking-tastic

Kyle approached my with his head bowed down.  He looked pretty upset, and I was pretty sure I knew why.  I opened my mouth to explain myself, but he bet me to it.

"When you asked to kiss me, I thought it was because you kind of liked me.  I know you were just trying to get back at Bebe and Clyde, but I thought, maybe, you liked me.  I kind of liked you.  I thought that we could've had some sort of future relationship together, but then you ran off with Craig," he said.

 There was no way he was going to believe me if I told him that Craig and I didn't have intercourse.  Hell, I don't even know whether I slept with him or not.  All I know is what Craig told me.

"Look, I can't denie what happen, but I can tell you that I was sad and partly angry, so I drank.  A lot.  A lot more than I should of, and I had no idea what I was doing.  I can say, though, that I regret all of it.  Every part of it, and I had no plans on doing it again.  So, do you think we could, just, restart?"  I asked.

He stared at me with sympathetic eyes and said, "I'll think about it."

I walked away feeling satisfied.  Suddenly, I felt my phone go off in my pocket.  It was Craig.

Craig- Have you been telling people that we slept together?

Me- No, but Annie has

Craig- Damn, did it mess up stuff with Kyle?

Me- It did, but I fixed it, and I'm pretty sure we are cool 

I looked at the time and decided to head to class.

*Craig's P.O.V.*

I looked at her text.

 Goddamn it.  What do I have to do to make her mine.  I try to be nice, but she just leaves.  And, now, she is running off with Kyle.  I don't understand.  I'm not going to let this happen.

I watched Kyle enter the room.  He glared at me, and I returned to favor.

 This was not over, Kyle Broflovski.