𝐎𝐍𝐄

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Sweltering heat lay among the Italian Mountains, citizens and visitors fanning themselves with anything they could find to relieve themselves of the humidity. CHANEL LECLERC sat in the car of her personal trainer with the aircon on, gently tugging her shirt away from her skin and rippling it to cool herself down.

Her hair was braided into two separate french plaits to keep it out of her face as much as possible, and for the first time in a very long time, her face wasn't covered with makeup. Chanel always felt obliged to wear makeup to cover up any blemishes, terrified that the boys she raced with would make fun of her.

Her entire life, Chanel had been surrounded by racing. Growing up in Monaco meant she got to watch the race from out of her own bedroom window and it made her entire family want to have what they had. Her eldest brother CHARLES LECLERC had already achieved his dream of Formula 1, driving for Sauber for one season before getting into Ferrari alongside Sebastian Vettel.

Her first F2 racing season had gone rather smoothly, after signing with the Ferarri Driver Academy at the back end of 2019, she swapped over from the ART Grand Prix team to Prema to partner alongside MICK SCHUMACHER for his second season.

Prema were more than happy with their 2020 lineup, having a famous name such as Schumacher and having one of their first female drivers, they had a lot of press and sponsorships coming their way. Chanel had been more than happy to sign with Prema, wanting her older brother and one of her biggest idols to be proud of her for following in his footsteps.

Her relationships with her brothers were... difficult. She and LORENZO LECLERC were just like your regular pair of siblings, never fought but occasionally had that disagreement that would put them into a bad mood. She and Charles were like two peas in a pod, he was always checking on her and making sure she was alright, pretty much just looking out for her because he only wanted the best for her.

And then came ARTHUR LECLERC.

Despite being twins, she and Arthur were at very different stages in their lives. They had started karting at the same time, but it became clear to Arthur after a few months that his sister had a lot more of an understanding about this stuff. She'd been in F4 way before him, promoted to F3 after two seasons, won the F3 championship in her first season and was now well on her way to winning the F2 Championship in her first season too.

Arthur had become jealous of her over time, often making hurtful remarks or just rude comments about the successes she'd had. He hated that she got so much more attention than he did, and he absolutely despised the attention she got from Charles.

It felt like favouritism to him, he would often be at home with his family and notice how Charles would take the seat beside Chanel or would always laugh at her stupid jokes, even if they weren't funny. In a way, it felt like he was competing with her for their brother's attention, which was ridiculous because they didn't need to.

Chanel never really knew what had happened, she was never rude back to him and never made those same hurtful remarks out of spite, she would just shrug and smile at him. It hurt her a little that she and Arthur went from the best of friends to practically strangers all because of a hobby they decided to pick up together.

Her mind switched away from the topic of her twin brother when her trainer, ALICE RODRIGUEZ, pulled up outside of the Prema factory and parked her car. They were greeted by the receptionist when they went inside, a few mechanics and engineers welcoming the girls back after their Summer break.