𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Winter break was finally over.

Chanel loved Christmas and everything to do with the holiday, the lights, the decorations, sitting in front of the fire with a mug of hot chocolate, the whole thing made her feel like a kid still. Despite her love for the holiday, her mind was focused on that first day of testing in Barcelona where she'd finally get another crack at Formula One.

Christmas Day was full of joy and laughter for the first time since Herve had passed away, Chanel had been singing only the best Christmas songs just to wind up her three brothers. The Leclerc twins restarted a tradition they made up when they were kids, one of which entailed having a massive sleepover in Charles' room.

Her mind has crossed to Mick a few times, but not enough for her to sit and have a meltdown over what went down in Switzerland. Her main focus was the season ahead, and while she would have jumped for joy if he were her teammate, maybe Alfa Romeo was the best place for her to be.

Now she sat in her cosy bedroom in her apartment with Arthur, Christmas lights twinkling on the wall behind her, a fluffy blanket covering her bare legs whilst Arthur hummed a song that had been stuck in his head for days. Twin Telepathy wasn't something either believed in, but when both of their heads whipped up with a brilliant idea simultaneously, it sent a shiver down their spines.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Arthur quips first, raising an eyebrow at his sister.

"If you're thinking we should stop being boring and actually have a good new years eve partying, then yes, I am." Chanel beams, the same smile appearing on Arthur's face seconds later.

Shutting her laptop lid, Arthur disappears from her bedroom to get himself ready for their last-minute night out whilst Chanel did the same. A sparkly blue dress adorned her body, brunette hair curled to perfection and her feet donning a pair of expensive Versace platform heels to complete the look.

Arthur grinned as they left their flat, accompanying Charles and Alice to their favourite club not too far away from the port. Her phone was at home, leaving it there meant she wouldn't stupidly call Mick or text him when she was in an alcohol-induced state.

Max Verstappen and his girlfriend Kelly ended up joining the team of race drivers halfway through the night, the three ladies dancing together and singing their hearts out without a care in the world. 

Alice had to admit that she was worried about Chanel being alone with her thoughts over Christmas, but her family and the pent-up excitement over the forthcoming F1 season kept her out of her own head. She seemed happier, but maybe it was just a facade so no one knew how deeply she missed being around Mick.

The ginger girl looked over at Arthur to see what he was doing, his face buried in his phone amongst all the sweaty, dancing bodies. Eyebrows furrowed, she slipped away from Chanel and Kelly to see what he was doing, eyebrows furrowing deeper when she saw the name 'M Schumacher' at the top of his screen.

"Is that Mick or Michael then?" Alice questions, scaring the death out of her sort of 'brother-in-law'. 

"Mick... I don't think I'd ever have the balls to text the Michael Schumacher." He responds as he scratches the back of his neck nervously, Alice's piercing eyes burning holes into his head.