𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Alice wasn't one to put up with anyone's bullshit, the fiery redhead was a character of sorts. She crossed anyone who hurt her friends, hated anyone who badmouthed her boyfriend, and most importantly, didn't take any shit from the die-hard Charles fans who didn't like her.

She found it funny when people would criticise her for being Charles' girlfriend, only because she had Charles and those who were hating on her didn't. Most importantly, Charles knew he was lucky to have such a strong, confident woman, or did he?

To say the whole rivalry with Chanel had strained their relationship was completely and utterly true, she and Charles were a shell of what they used to be. They barely spoke about anything but racing these days, they weren't going on dates, weren't spending quality time with each other, and hadn't had sex in months.

Alice thought that maybe she was the issue, that she wasn't pretty enough, not good enough for him anymore, and it was taking a serious toll on her confidence. What's worse is that Chanel barely made time for her anymore, she and Mick were connected at the hip, and now that she wasn't her trainer, they barely spoke.

The Spaniard snapped from her thoughts when the door to her shared apartment with Charles opened and shut, the brunette making his way over to her and pressing a small kiss to the top of her head. Why didn't he even kiss her anymore?

Sighing, the girl pulled her blanket further up her chest and switched on the TV, scrolling through the channels until it landed on a random UK channel she'd heard of once or twice. Charles sat down beside her, putting his feet under the blanket, and leaning back into the cushions to play on his phone. Of course, he was on his phone.

Alice's eyes brightened when she saw her best friend appear on the screen, excitedly sitting up and leaning forward to watch the girl shine in the spotlight. Alice was always proud of Chanel, their friendship meant so much to her, going from those two kids on the karting track to the best of friends was a beautiful sight to see.

"What's she doing?" Charles asks, catching sight of his sister.

"She told me about this! She got invited to this talkshow in the UK a few months back, I convinced her to do it, I hope it boosts her confidence." Alice beams, proud of her like no other.

Charles only scoffed, but it was too interesting for him to stay on his phone the whole time. He wanted to see what they'd ask her, what she would respond, how she would act, whether or not they'd ask about him.

"She looks gorgeous, oh my."

It started out fairly well for her, the two watching how she answered the questions about the criticism she'd been receiving, and how every time she'd speak, Taylor Swift looked at her like she was a porcelain doll. Alice's two favourite people, her best friend, and a singer whom she loved more than anyone else.

Then came the furious blushing the Monegasque was dealing with when asked about Mick, her excitement through the roof when she got to finally share the gift she'd received from Michael nearly two years ago for her birthday.

"I'm surprised she's even speaking." Charles lets out, thinking about the time his sister suffered from her social anxiety it had her bed-bound for weeks.

"She's dripping in confidence, wow." Alice ignores his rude comment, admiring the brunette girl she loved dearly.

By now, the couple were on the edge of their seats hearing the question Charles was expecting, his eyes narrowed as he watched Chanel muster up the courage to talk about their ongoing battle.