𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Bahrain sun was something many of the drivers could get used to, but it just irritated Chanel. She was sweating in possibly every crevice of her body, and the black fireproofs she was wearing under her racesuit were definitely not helping in the slightest.

It was her first season as a RedBull rookie, and despite the many comments surrounding the controversy of the team and Max's previous teammate Checo, she felt good. The team were welcoming, Max was excited to be working with her and despite the harsh appearance, even Christian Horner was excited to have her on the team.

The only problem she was dealing with now was with Helmut Marko. Christian had gone behind his back to sign Chanel, which Helmut wasn't very impressed about, and now she was facing the wrath of the Austrian. He made it clear that he didn't want her on the team to begin with and coupled with the fact she's dating another driver, she definitely wasn't Number 1 on his friends list.

Walking through the paddock she greeted a few staff and photographers, passing a couple of drivers, team bosses, the usual, and of course, passing Michael who was standing outside of the HAAS hospitality with Angie. The Australian Shepherd went crazy when she saw Chanel, practically dragging Schumi over to her as the driver knelt and gave the pup some love.

"You suit RedBull." Michael grins, wrapping her in a hug as Mick came out of the hospitality.

One thing that had changed for the better was that Nikita was out of a seat at HAAS and was temporarily banned from F1 due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Chanel's helmet for the first few races of the season was the colours of Ukraine to show her support for the terrifying ordeal going on.

Just before Mick could greet his fiance, Max came running up behind her and scared the daylights out of her. She laughed, looking at her teammate before bidding her goodbyes to the Schumacher men to get back to the hospitality building for a YouTube video they were filming.

"Turn that frown upside down." Michael huffed at his son before they went back inside.

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"Yeah, the car felt good, amazing actually. I think the new cars are going to live up to the expectations they've set." Chanel smiles as she gives an interview for Sky Sports.

"And how was the break? Did you get up to anything or was it all just preparations for the new season and of course, the new team?"

"Off-season was great actually. Lots of travelling, preparations and relaxing in between." The Mongasque nods, checking the notification that popped up on her Apple Watch briefly.

"And a few congratulations are in order for you too. New team, of course you've switched to RedBull for this season. How are you finding it so far?"

"Incredible. The team are really welcoming, and it's nice to be Max's teammate, we lived quite close to one another when I lived in Monaco so I saw a lot of him. I'm sure you'll see the challenge videos of us both very soon." Chanel grins.

Mick stood at the other end of the media pen waiting for her to finish, noticing the smile on her face as she spoke about Max and her new teammate. Mick wasn't jealous, was he? Surely he wasn't, but the way Max could so easily make her laugh and the way she was torn away from him earlier on by her teammate sat funny with him.