𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

The beginning of the 2022 F1 season hadn't gone as Red Bull had hoped. Both of their cars had issues in the first race in Bahrain, with Max having to retire and Chanel finishing P18 after being spun on track. The media were having a field day with their criticism, but it didn't stop either of the drivers from topping all the practice sessions in Saudi.

They were all set and ready for the second stint in Qualifiying, Chanel topping the chart on her first full lap with no issues whatsoever. She saw Mick wizz past her as the white flags were waved, her car trailing behind his as he got a lap in himself. His HAAS disappeared behind the wall and away from her but she was still traipsing around after him until she lost view of his car completely.

"Red flag, Chanel, Red flag, Schumacher has crashed, debris on the track so be careful." Her engineer speaks to her just as she rounds the track to see Mick's car in multiple pieces on the track.

"Oh my god, is he okay?" Chanel asks, slowing her car down to see if he was moving in the cockpit. He wasn't, and as the other cars came hurdling past at a minimised speed, her heart pounded against her chest and her body was producing sweat from the anxiousness.

"I think he's winded, but he's okay. He probably isn't moving to minimise damage on the inside. Bring the car back to the pitlane for me please."

Chanel just hummed in response as she drove away from him and got back to the pitlane without any damage to her car, sitting behind her brother's car as she waited to see what was going on. 

"You've got about 10 minutes till they've cleaned up, go check on Michael and Corinna." Alice speaks to her as she helps the girl out of her car.

The cameras focused on her as she walked down the pitlane, taking off her helmet and balaclava as she made her way to the HAAS garage to see his parents. The Schumacher's were all in disbelief, but they knew their son was fine since they were getting updates from Guenther.

"Hey, are you alright?" Michael asks as she approaches them.

"I'm good, I'm good. Is Mick okay? Is he speaking or moving yet?" Chanel questions her future father-in-law.

"I think he's winded. They'll probably take him to the hospital as a precaution. I don't want you to worry, go out there and put that car on pole position for him Coco." Corinna smiles as she hugs the Monegasque. Chanel nods, telling the pair to let her know how he is when they see him before she goes back to her car.

Her Quali session was great, and after listening to Corinna speak to her, she did manage to get the RB18 onto pole position for tomorrow's race. She did her usual run of the media pens, questioning everybody to see if they knew of Mick's condition, but none of them were really interested in giving her a precise answer.

She did the debrief with the team, talking strategies and whatnot for the race tomorrow before she was finally able to get off the track to go visit Mick. Alice had given her a few updates as had Charles, but the information wasn't sufficient enough for her in the slightest.

Alice drove her to the hospital and made sure she was absolutely okay before dropping her there, watching her friend make her way inside before driving off back to her hotel. Corinna and Michael greeted her at the entrance and led her to where Mick was, looking completely fine and untouched as though he hadn't had a 170mph crash earlier.