𝐓𝐄𝐍

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

The two weeks leading up to the last race of the season were... chaotic to say the least. Rather than dwell on her how heavy her heart felt, she busied herself with meeting after meeting and plenty of training sessions with Alice. Alice had fallen in love with Calliope when she was first introduced to the Bernese Mountain Dog and gushed over her when the little puppy wanted to join in with their training sessions.

The meetings she'd been attending were coincidentally in Switzerland but were nowhere near Geneva, so thankfully Chanel didn't have to think too much about her teammate and what he did. She felt as though she might have overreacted, but she never expected him to be the one to pit against her when it came to an F1 seat.

Despite her heartbreak over the HAAS seat, the morning after she got back to Monaco she got a call from the owner of the Alfa Romeo F1 Team asking to meet with her. It was only a week later that Chanel was announced as Kimi Raikkonen's teammate for next season, plenty of congratulations flooded her phone and there were so many her phone stopped working for a while.

To celebrate, she went out for drinks with her brothers and their girlfriends, where she ended up drinking so much she cried when realising she was 6-wheeling. She hated not having Mick around but every time she looked at him it fueled her with pure anger and sadness that he could do something so selfish.

Abu Dhabi was the last race of the season for everyone in F2 and F1, meaning Chanel was hanging out in the Ferrari garage with Charles and Arthur rather than being at the Prema garage. The atmosphere had significantly changed in the garage, with everyone who worked with Mick and Chanel noticing the silence and uncomfortable feeling between them both.

No one had asked about it, they feared if they did they would have two unhappy drivers for the rest of the weekend so they kept quiet. The mood only worsened when Chanel won the feature race and Mick got P2, the German claiming she purposely forced him off the track to extend her lead in both the race and championship.

Chanel certainly wasn't kidding when she said she was going to do everything it takes to get the championship, her driving had become a lot more strategic and she was definitely more aggressive when it came to defending her position. She proved to everyone that she deserved that HAAS seat over Nikita and made Guenther regret his choices when the Russian had a DNF.

Heading into the sprint race felt weird. Chanel hadn't been in the Prema garage since the evening previous and when she returned she barely spoke a word, she just went into her driver's room and soaked up as much alone time as she could.

Alice joined her not too long after she got there and they ended up playing a game of UNO to pass the time, laughing and joking around which calmed her nerves massively. A few other members of the Prema teamed joined the game of Uno whilst Mick watched without saying a word, watching how Chanel played her cards just right.

The simple game of Uno became a game of Poker after Angelo found a normal deck of cards and it was a game of four, Chanel vs Angelo vs Alice vs Mick. Mick so desperately wanted to wipe the smirk off of Chanel's face as she looked up at him, making direct eye contact with the German in an almost teasing way.

"Fold." Alice huffs as she throws her cards into the middle, Angelo doing the same not long after. The whole garage felt the tension as they watched their drivers outsmart one another at the casino game, it was almost too strong for a lot of them to handle.