𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

Tension was evident at home.

Anyone who entered the house could feel it the second they walked in, lingering in the shadows waiting to pounce at any given time. It was in the air everywhere and it was ready to make itself known, right now.

Mick had woken up alone, again. It was the umpteenth time he'd rolled over to wake Chanel up, but she wasn't in bed beside him every single time. It had been like this for around a week now, and Mick's anger only grew every time she'd be downstairs instead of in bed with him.

What was Chanel doing exactly? Work, she was working.

Working during the winter break was practically unheard of, but Christian had scheduled several Zoom meetings for his drivers to talk about the season awaiting them next year. What's worse is that it cut into the planning of their wedding, they had little time as is, with Chanel back in February for the launch of the car and testing.

Mick wouldn't have minded at all, but she kept forgetting about appointments they had made or making Mick go alone to tour venues and book things. He was quite frankly unimpressed, and his anger got worse every time he'd go downstairs to see her sitting in the office on yet another meeting.

Her mind was elsewhere, so deep in thought about the next season she barely realised Mick was giving her the silent treatment. He'd not spoken a word to her in two days, he'd only kissed her on the forehead or nodded in her direction every time she'd spoken to him.

Making his way downstairs, Mick had walked by the office and listened to Chanel's laughter as Christian spoke to her and Max, gritting his teeth together as he continued into the kitchen. Angie and Callie followed him, sitting down in front of their food bowls with their tails wagging side to side, hoping they'd have their breakfast in front of them soon.

Mick was now even more infuriated at the fact she hadn't fed the dogs when she'd been awake possibly 2 hours longer than he had, and by the next sound of laughter, he was at boiling point. He put the food down for the dogs before walking to the office, standing in the doorway as Chanel briefly looked up at him and smiled.

He didn't move a muscle, not even to smile back at her as much as it pained him to do, she needed to know he wasn't happy with her and her attitude the last few weeks. She'd only gotten her dress, that was it, everything was thrown to the side to attend these meetings even Mick knew weren't mandatory.

"We have to be at the venue in 45 minutes," Mick speaks up eventually, watching her nod before she looks back at her screen.

45 minutes had passed and she still hadn't ended the meeting, leaving Mick to drive to the venue by himself to tour the place where they'd be having their wedding. It was only 15 minutes after he'd left that Chanel realised, quickly leaving the meeting, racing upstairs to change and driving out of the garage at the speed of lightning.

In the time it took her to get to the place, Mick had already toured the place and placed a booking for next year, ready for their wedding. Chanel had only just pulled up outside when he walked out into the snow, the girl looking him dead in the eyes as he got into his own car and left.

"Fuck." She huffs, slamming her hand against her steering wheel. The Porsche badge was staring at her in the face, mocking her almost, and this time she knew she'd majorly fucked up.