Chapter 16

Coming out of the building, the day was still young. Y/N returned to her car with a tired look on her face. Upon seeing her, Mina was extremely heartbroken, "Did you have an argument with Jungkook?"

"Jungkook broke up with me," Y/N replied calmly as she leaned her head back and slowly closed her eyes. She appeared to be trying to hide her emotions, "Mina, did you know? When Jungkook spoke those words, it sounded like he was reading from a textbook."

"He even wants to freeze my jobs for 3 years."

"That jerk, how can he be so disgraceful? Isn't he afraid of being struck by lightning?!" Mina protested as she turned sideways. Seeing Y/N suffering, she reached out her hand to comfort her, patting her gently on the arm, "Do not allow a man like that to make you feel bad, especially since you are going to make that jerk pay everything back ten-fold."

"I'm not capable of controlling my emotions completely yet, take me home?" Y/N requested in a gentle whisper.

"OK...have some rest."

Y/N knew, judging by Jungkook's cold and careless attitude, he wasn't going to stop at making her attend rubbish events like this. All it would take was one word from Yoona, and he would be able to do something even worse. She had to find a way to destroy her plans of standing in her way.

By the time Jimin arrived home, it was already 8pm. However today, he didn't smell the aroma of dinner being served - all he felt was a cold chill. His first thought was that Y/N hadn't arrived home yet, but as he entered the bedroom, he saw her lying quietly in bed. No need for an explanation, she must have been treated unfairly today.

Jimin walked over and sat on the edge of the bed. Upon sensing the familiar presence, Y/N immediately sat up and hugged him.

"If you want to cry, then cry. You'll feel better," Jimin gently patted Y/N's shoulder.

Y/N had been holding it in all day, but after being comforted by Jimin, she immediately let go and burst out crying, "Sorry, I promised I wouldn't cry over useless things..."

"It's okay, cry...besides from me, who else would you be able to show your true self to?" Jimin encouraged. Maybe it was because Jimin's hands were so gentle, or maybe because he was older than Y/N by 5 years and exuded a sense of safety and maturity, Y/N cried in Jimin's embrace for a long time until no tears were left.

"Better?" Jimin asked.

"Better" Y/N freed herself from his embrace, "You must not have eaten yet, I'll go cook..."

Without doing anything else, Jimin grabbed hold of Y/N's chin and used all his strength to press his lips firmly against hers. Not only did he want to kiss away her tears, but he also wanted to use this special moment to comfort the hurt woman in his arms.

A kiss...was the best medicine and best painkiller. The couple kissed so passionately, the world felt like it was spinning as they tried to catch their breaths.

"Y/N, I hope that no matter if you are happy or sad, I would be the first person you would turn to. I don't care how many masks you are wearing on the outside, once you are home, we have to face each other truthfully. We should be like a normal married couple. We only need each other." Jimin wiped away the tears on her cheek as he stood up, "I've said before, you aren't allowed in the kitchen anymore."