Chapter 62

2pm. The official start of the press conference.

Just before Hwang Hyunjin entered the hall, Jisoo pulled him aside and reconfirmed, "Are you sure President Kim will get rid of Jong-In today? If that's the case, then why didn't she cancel the press conference?"

"She already confirmed with me that she will be announcing something else, so there is no reason to cancel it. Plus...shouldn't we give Jong-In a glimmer of hope?" Hyunjin was dressed in a black handmade cropped suit which made him appear tall and handsome like a British gentleman.

Jisoo looked around the hall and nodded in agreement, "Of course, I want to see him be stripped of his pride..."

Hyunjin smiled as he strode over to the entrance of the hall and waited for Jennie's arrival.

HYPE's huge conference hall, at this moment, was packed with curious reporters as Hyunjin escorted Jennie to her seat at the front of the stage.

In reality, the reason for the huge response from the media was not only because Jennie had promoted the press conference well, but also because everyone was curious about Kim Jong-In and Lee Jieun's scandal a few years back. To this day, no one had found out what truly happened.

Dressed in a classy and professional suit, Jennie appeared smart and competent. On her left sat some of HYPE's higher-ups and on her right sat Hwang Hyunjin. As for Jisoo, she was currently standing below the stage, watching as things developed.

"Friends of the media, I hope you are well," Jennie greeted through the microphone. "Firstly, I would like to welcome you all here. HYP Entertainment has decided to hold this press conference today because of...3 pieces of great news which we would like to share with you all."

"Number one: HYP Entertainment has been making preparations to enter the film industry. We are currently raising funds for our first film and hope that you can show some support. Number two: HYP Entertainment's subsidiary company will be officially in operation at the end of this month. We are currently on a recruitment drive, if there are any capable professionals out there, we would love to have you join our family."

After listening to two consecutive announcements from Jennie, Jisoo began to relax a little. She was confident...since Jennie had not mentioned Jong-In yet, she must have decided not to mention him at all and cover up the news of his homecoming with something else. So, she subconsciously glanced at Hyunjin; their plan seemed to have worked.

However, at this time, Jennie suddenly announced the third piece of good news.

"The third piece of good news, which I am extremely proud to announce, is that our most capable manager, Mr. Kim Jong-In, will be returning to our embrace as a top manager and continuing to assist us with his skills," while saying this, Jennie stood up out of her seat and gestured towards the entrance with her right hand...

The media's attention was directed over. There, standing in the doorway, was Jong-In wearing a white suit. He looked like a poised royal prince that had stepped out of a painting.

Jisoo and Hyunjin's expressions suddenly flushed with red. Or should we say,J ennie's move was like a fiery hot slap across the two's face.

Hyunjin looked down like he was deep in thought. Meanwhile, Jisoo glared resentfully at Jennie...

Was she really not afraid that she would run off with her resources?