Chapter 28

Secret's magazine was currently in full swing and Y/N's dedication to her job wouldn't allow her to be called arrogant the day before the magazine's release.

She just never thought, Jungkook and Yoona had planned another attack on her at this event.

In front of everyone at lunch, Jungkook and Yoona announced, they were getting engaged!

Jungkook was tall and handsome, while Yoona was delicate and lovely. Their hands were held tightly together as they stood side-by-side, looking like the perfect match.

Apart from people from GC, there were also a few higher-ups from Secret in the room. They weren't aware of the relationship between Y/N and the two, so they stood up and clapped their hands to congratulate the couple. Only Y/N, Seulgi and Mina stayed still.

"Y/N, aren't you going to congratulate them?" Rosé held up her glass as she forced Y/N. She wanted to revel in the sight of Y/N being heartbroken. No matter how unaffected she looked on the outside, inside she must be in torment, in pain, dripping in blood...

"Oh yeh, that's right, with your temper, there's no way you can congratulate others. Even if you were once Jungkook's fiancee, that is now in the past. Since you are in this industry, you should be prepared to have things snatched from you at all times. You should be more open-minded..."

"When will they be officially engaged?" Y/N asked calmly.

"After the huge sales of Secret Magazine..." Rosé said confidently. With the aid of Rosé's PR, Yoona still had articles written about her back in Korea. On top of that, the discussions amongst fans had made Secret famous even before it's release.

Although the news about Yoona being a mistress couldn't be cleared, because of her popularity, a few companies had already contacted GC for collaboration. She had high hopes for the Top Ten Model Awards...

So, Rosé was confident, Secret would have a huge number of sales.

"Then I have to say congratulations in advance," Y/N maintained her smile as she also raised her glass at the couple across from her. However, as these words landed on Yoona's ears, they somehow didn't sound sincere.

"Y/N, stop acting. I know you don't actually want to see Jungkook and I get engaged. You hate me so much."

"Don't tell me I'm supposed to like you?" Y/N laughed questioningly.

Maisie watched blankly as they argued. From the translator, she found out about their relationship as she looked at them in surprise. No wonder they were against Y/N from the start.

She was accustomed to the bias nature of the industry; it was normal to see people take advantage of situations to promote themselves as well as people humiliating others right in front their face. But, wasn't GC aware of Yoona's level?

Maisie looked deep and meaningfully at Y/N before retreating from GC's internal argument.

After lunch, Secret's staff all left, leaving the few of them behind. Yoona took advantage of the situation to point at Y/N and laugh, "Did you think, by obtaining a semi-independent contract from GC, you would really be able to find a way out? Let me tell you, without GC, you are nothing. GC can support you, at the same time, they can also step all over you."