Chapter 35

The star-studded Bright Night Gala finally revealed itself to the public. Outside the venue lay a magnificently long red carpet and a signing wall.

The scene was surrounded by excited reporters and fans; they were either holding phones, cameras or LED signs. The signs had the names of their idols on it and they flashed like stars in a vast night sky.

In front of the signing wall, stood the smartly dressed event hosts, each holding a microphone, recording their opening speeches. It had been a long time since an event of this caliber had been hosted in Seoul and this event signified the start of a series of awards ceremonies.

8pm. Superstars started arriving one by one. Amongst the loud screams, Jungkook held onto Yoona's hand accompanied by Rosé as they walked down the red carpet. No matter if it was the 'American Blacklisted Jeon Rosé' or the 'Kim Yoona who had an affair with Jeon Jungkook, Golden Closet was a popular topic of discussion.

But, Y/N was missing!

The Y/N that was riding the popularity of the Oriental Trend.

The Y/N that had defeated Yoona in an instant and made her have zero mentions.

The Y/N that was announced as ISN's first Asian spokesperson.

She did not attend!

The hosts were confused; they were sure Y/N's name was on the invite list.

"Walking up the red carpet right now, we have the CEO of GC Entertainment, Jeon Jungkook; the famed model, Kim Yoona and the extremely skillful Jeon Rosé."

"Please come on stage so we can give you a short interview," the hosts invited them onto the stage and immediately took the opportunity to ask them a sensitive question, "May we ask why Y/N...isn't here today?"

"Or have President Jeon and Y/N decided to arrive separately?"

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows, ready to respond, however, Rosé stepped in first and replied, "We notified Y/N, but maybe because of a lack of communication lately, she hasn't been able to tell you that she has decided not to appear at the Bright Night Gala. GC also wishes, from now on, no matter her decision, she can notify us earlier."

After hearing Rosé's reply, the hosts could tell Y/N and GC were at odds. Especially with the tone Rosé used when she spoke about Y/N not attending, she seemed to be accusing Y/N of being arrogant and selfish because of her popularity.

"I think Y/N might just be unwell, it's OK, we are looking forward to the next gathering!" One of the hosts tried his best to smooth out the situation.

But it was obvious to anyone with eyes what GC's true motive was behind accusing Y/N. Judging by the previous incidents, if they were to choose someone to trust between GC and Y/N, the two hosts would not hesitate to choose Y/N.

Jungkook's betrayal, Yoona's pressuring and GC's multiple methods of suppression did not crush this woman. So, it wasn't easy for Y/N to stay strong and get to where she was today. Most impressive of all, she was extremely easy going and kept a low profile.

Gazing out at the crowd, signs with Y/N's name could be seen. Upon hearing Rosé's words, they were tempted to run up on stage and tear her mouth out.