Chapter 55

It was a cool autumn night.

Jong-in did not notify Y/N of the perfume event. In fact, he didn't even care about it or even bother to turn on his computer. His actions resulted in Y/N being completely unaware of the event...

The organizers of the event gave Jennie a phone call to ask what was going on with Y/N. Was it because of Mini-Y/N that she was throwing a tantrum?!

Jennie couldn't believe that Jong-in had really decided not to take on Y/N, and worst of all, he didn't even tell her about the event...

In an instant, [Y/N Refuses to Share a Stage With Mini-Y/N!], [Y/N Absent From Perfume Event Because She Wants to Avoid Sunmi], [Y/N's Open Mindedness is All an Act!] and other headlines appeared on all the entertainment news sources. As Sunmi was still young, it was expected adults would be more forgiving towards this 16-year-old. So, the fact that Y/N did not appear at the perfume event, was immediately blown up by all the 'mother fans'....

Of course, Star Age spared no effort, taking advantage of this opportunity to use Y/N to create hype.

Although Jennie wasn't shamed by Star Age's actions, she still immediately gave Jong-in a phone call, "Jong-in, have you seen today's news?"

"Yes, I've seen it," he replied as he held his hand to his forehead. In actual fact, he had not noticed until he heard the name Y/N come up on the news and realized it was his artist.

"Do you know how hard Y/N has worked to get to where she is today? Even if you don't respect her, don't go and destroy her. Does she owe you? Does she deserve to be treated like this?" Jennie's tone was furious. "I will do my best to hold back the media, but I don't think Lee Sunmi will let things go so easily."

Jong-in quickly washed his face and flipped through Y/Ns details.

He did not intend to harm anyone, he just didn't expect this incident would effect Y/N in such a negative way.

Sunmi took advantage of the fact that she was young to feed off the public's sympathy. Netizens claimed Y/N was detrimental to the new generation; Mini-Y/N was merely a nickname, yet she acted in such a way. They demanded that Y/N make an official apology and explain why she was absent from the perfume event.

Jong-in realized how hard Y/N had worked to climb up and out of every scandalous situation; he felt uneasy. He decided to give Y/N a phone call.

"Hello? Y/N speaking..." a calm voice answered.

"It's Kim Jong-in..."

Upon hearing the name of the person on the other end of the line, Y/N's expression turned cold. She turned off the TV in front of her, putting the living room into complete silence, "Please speak."

"In regards to the event..."

"If Mr. Kim has no intention to be my manager, he could have spoken to President Kim; I don't actually have high hopes for my manager. As for the incident with the event, the negative news is already out there, there's nothing else to say about it. I will find a way to fix the situation, you don't need to worry," Y/N expressed her thoughts resolutely.

Jong-in was stunned. So this was Y/N's temper...

Most importantly, Y/N did not give him a chance to explain before hanging up the phone. Did this mean he was in trouble?