Chapter 31

Needless to say, Y/N's ruthlessness was enough to make the Jungkook that had Yoona in his embrace realize, he had never truly understood her. He was ridiculously wrong about her; the girl that had once been willing to do anything for him no longer showed him any mercy. Even if she was to exhaust all the strength in her body, the purpose would be to make Yoona crumble beneath her feet.

It was only because it wasn't his turn yet, that he didn't feel any urgency.

Outside the arrivals gate, Y/N's fans were scattered all over the place. Some were holding signs with Y/N's name on it, others were screaming her name. Originally, this was something GC should have been proud of, but...deep down, Jungkook wasn't even the tiniest bit happy. Y/N's value had now increased dramatically and she was no longer under the control of GC. Apart from placing all his hope in Rosé, there was nothing else he could do.

Otherwise, he would only fall into the depths of the abyss along with Yoona.

Did he really have no choice but to contact his mother?

Y/N's return was full of glory. After signing the deal with ISN, she was pretty much guaranteed that every job she took from now on would be even better. Most importantly, her low-profile personality meant she never depended on creating hype to gain people's attention. This helped her gain many loyal fans. As a result, her foundation was stable and she now occupied a spot in the modeling industry.

Jungkook looked at the news about Y/N and Yoona; his eyebrows scrunched up. After returning home he ignored Yoona and locked himself in his room to make some phone calls.

Yoona felt uneasy about this because she knew GC did not solely belong to Jungkook. With her current bad reputation, Jungkook would definitely be trapped in a difficult position between her and the company.

"Help me find out who the judges are for the Top Ten Model Awards..."

"Yoona, what do you want to do?" Her assistant had mixed emotions, "Don't do anything silly. I'm sure if you just rest, with time, you can return to the runway."

"Without the last gamble, I am not willing to give up. Just go do what I asked you to do. How long do you think Jungkook can endure? GC's shareholders are pressuring him non-stop to give up on us; it's only a matter of time. Do you want to return to your life of opening a stall by the side of the street?"

Yoona's assistant froze for a moment. He obviously didn't want to do as she requested...he also didn't want Yoona to go down a dangerous path. By doing what he assumed she'd do, she would be putting a tear in her relationship with Jungkook- one that may never be reversed. But he knew, apart from sleeping with one of the judges, what else could she do to turn the tables?

"Yoona, you still have a child in your belly..."

"Don't worry, I know what I'm doing," Yoona said with a solemn expression.

The industry had always been this dark. She had once thought Jungkook was the best person she could rely on, but...after the incident with Secret Magazine, Jungkook could only watch as she returned defeated; he couldn't think of any methods of redemption. That's when she understood, this man wasn't reliable at all.

A wise person chooses the right environment - that's only right.

Within the study room, Jungkook was still stressing over how to protect Yoona. Meanwhile, the people outside were already thinking of how to betray him...