1. 💗 ACT ONE

ACT ONE

REAL LIFE

The rocking chair swung back and forth, my prettiest doll swaying with it. Her eyes were locked on mine, never blinking. I stood up from my knees, placing my plastic tea cup down on the bright blue table. I picked up a chocolate cookie on my way, and pretended to feed it to my dolly. The attic was silent as a mouse, apart from creaking near the roof every few minutes.

Although, even my dolly could sense something dramatic in the whistling wind.

Crack

Crack

Crack

Shatter...

An earthquake...

I let out a shriek and grabbed my dolly before hiding under the little blue table. I heard my father sprint upstairs, but his steps stopped halfway. A deep scream was heard, but then their was a loud thump. One last groan, then the rumbling continued.

Tears started to slip out of my eyes, I was pretty sure my father had just fallen to his death while trying to save me. I couldn't be sure of that, maybe he was still alive down their. The clinking sound of my dolls eyes was what I tried to focus on while this earthquake continued. My plastic tea cups that were still full knocked on the ground, pouring tea everywhere. I sniffled and wiped away some tears.

As the earthquake rumbled on, I stayed under my table with my dolly, occasionally wiping the tears and snot from my face. Forever went by before the earthquake finally settled down. I stayed under the table for god knows how long. I think I ended up taking a short nap.

Alarms rang around me, the deafening sound was enough to wake me up and get me to block my ears. Apart from the continuous ringing sound, my house was dead silence. Nails and rubble joined me on the ground and a broken vase was shattered across the floor. I carefully tip-toed over to where the beautiful vase once stood, and took the one lonely forget-me-not from the carpet.

The stairs were ruined, half of the staircase disappeared. I had to jump to make my way through this abandoned place I called home. Downstairs was even worse, lights still flickering, glass everywhere and one of my dolls crushed under some rubble.

I gripped my dolly tighter and continued to explore my ruined house. As I made my way to where the broken stairs had fallen, I saw my father, laying with them. I think he was sleeping. I jumped over there, happy to finally see someone home. I kneeled down and shook him with my empty hand. No reaction. I tried again, shaking him more violently. Still no reaction. Sighing, I just left it, I'm sure he'll wake up soon.

The door rattled open and one large man stomped in the door with a rifle gripped tight. 

"Oh hello! You're Y/N, right?" He smiled innocently. 

"Yes I am, why are you here?" I asked, tilting my head to one side. 

"I am here to take you somewhere, somewhere very fun with lots of dollies!" The mysterious man's eyes lit up and he stared directly towards me. 

"But I wanna stay with daddy!" I stepped back and picked up my father's hand, holding it in mine. 

"NO YOU WILL COME WITH ME! I mean- I- I'm sorry for raising my voice young one. I won't take you for long, you can be back with him very soon, all you have to do is come with me now!"

My eyes started to water, I hated getting shouted at. I stood silent for a moment, trying to take everything in. When I was very young my mother told me not to go anywhere with any strangers. I trust my mummy more than this man. I thought quickly and took my daddy's phone then ran upstairs to my room. 

"You're gonna regret that little Y/N!" He shouted out. I stood up against the door and rang my mummy. 

"Mummy! When will you get back?" I whispered through the phone, longing to hear the front door open.

"Why honey? Is there something wrong?" Oh, how I wished my mother could be here, next to me. Her comforting words were all I could dream of. My hands shook as I heard the stomping steps drag their feet to my door . I ran into the closet and hid behind some clothes, all I could do was hope the footsteps didn't notice me. My head was in my hands, I was sweating consistently, but then it clicked. I left the phone outside my closet , in my room. My only chance of escape was now gone. Never would I be able to hear my mother's voice again, I just hope she took the hint and is heading back home right now.
"Come out little Y/N, I only want to play!" The footsteps shouted out to me. I covered my mouth and held my breath as I heard my bedroom door unlock.

"I'm getting impatient, young Y/N." I then heard an axe slice through the wood of my closet door. He had multiple weapons!? I could see the tip of the blade, tears slipped out of my eyes and rolled down my face, I could taste the salt and sadness. Doomed, I was so doomed. Eventually they burst through the door, leaving me with only hope. Hope that he skimmed through the clothes and missed me.

Hope is the only thing a human can hold onto in this world if they wanted to remain sain.

"Found you," The mysterious man stared at me with wide eyes and smirked. My body tensed up and I couldn't think of anything else to do but cry. Taken aback, his smirk faded, surprised at my sudden action. But before I could react, he lifted me and threw me over his shoulder. Screaming and hitting his back was useless, I was too weak.

💗

"Wakey-wakey young test subject 2528," Another man waved his hands right in front of me. Was he talking to me? Was I test subject 2528? I flinched and let my eyes adjust to the light. I tried to get up from the seat I had woken up in, but looking at my sides , tight ropes held my limbs down. What were all these restraints for? I'm not that powerful, plus I wouldn't even try my luck escaping.

"I see, another quiet one. Note that down Ivan." The weird man put some needles into my arms, some sucked out a handful of blood. The needles pricked each arm. A wrap of Band-Aid was loosely tied around each arm to try stop the bleeding, but he didn't do a good job and they both were about to fall off. I could feel blood trickling down and tears started falling as well.

"Hey hey hey! Stop crying brat! Your wails are annoying me!" The man whined.

"Sir Alastor, she is only a young child, you can't really blame her," Ivan shivered and his face washed over with instant regret.

"Don't tell me what I know and don't know about children, she is a young child that will grow up to be a ugly spoilt brat. Lucky for her, I saved her, and I plan on disciplining her," Sir Alastor huffed. The sir's tall body cowered over Ivan, making the poor man tremble and go weak in the knees. The assistant fell on his hands and knees, but Sir had no mercy, and kicked him right in the stomach. Ivan lay on the floor, groaning in pain as Alastor continued to kick his assistant.

"You see this, Y/N! This is only half of what I'll do to you if you misbehave!" Sir Alastor chuckled. My eyes widened, if Mr Ivan was in this much pain, then how much would I be in if he kicked me like that? One more kick to the head, and the poor man was knocked unconscious. Mr Ivan was pulled up from the ground, and a few tall people in masks and black cloaks marched in and dragged the assistant out.

Sir Alastor sighed, then stomped over to the seat I was in and raised his hand. Before I could dodge, his hand flew down and slapped my cheek. My eyes started to tear up again, but he just wiped away my tears aggressively.

"STOP CRYING BRAT! How many times do I have to tell you," Alastor pinched the bridge of his nose while letting out a deep sigh.

"I am- I'm sorry," I muttered, looking up at him.

"Ahahaha, look at you. Your so terrified you're even stuttering! I can't believe your so... petrified of me!" He chuckled to himself. Sir Alastor started humming a song quietly while getting a few more needles ready. The needles were sharp and glistened in the sun.

"Hahaha, be ready for these young children. These will suck just enough blood in out that you start to get dizzy and you might even pass out! I can't wait to test these on you!"