6. ❣

Happy Reading :)

It had been a while since I'd seen the outside light. How long? No idea. Both Q and me would take turns sleeping, incase the overall boy came in. Currently I was awake, and Q was fast asleep. I heard footsteps stomp down the stairs. I knew exactly what would happen, he'd come in, hurt us using his vines, Q would wake up and I'd finally get some sleep. I couldn't help but get worked up every time he came down here though, I dreaded what would happen and I even let some tears fall down my face. 

"Look, there it is. You see that? It's our sleeping beauty, waiting for help," I looked up to see Dazai pointing to Q. Wait... Dazai? Not the overall boy.

"D- Dazai?" His head snapped this way, and to my surprise another head as well. 

"Y/N?" Dazai ran over to where I was. I let the tears flow down my cheeks, not sad or painful tears this time, happy tears, tears of relief. 

"Dazai, I missed you!" Even through all my pain and tears, I cracked a small smile. 

"Y/N, how much pain are you in?" Dazai asked as he took the fancy hat's knife. 

"The overall boy said that anytime someone steps on a root or cuts down a tree the pain flows through us, it's really painful, can you help us?" 

"Yes of course Y/N!" Dazai crouched down and started cutting the vines near my feet. He cut through all of the vines and I collapsed onto the hard floor. 

"Do you think you can walk?" Dazai helped me stand, but as soon as he let go, I fell down again. 

"I can't feel my legs." One of Dazai's arms was wrapped in a cast, so he could hardly help me up. Chuuya already had Yumeno over one shoulder, and he walked over to me planning to do the same. I relaxed on his shoulder, not having the pain of all the roots to bear. I was quickly tossed to the side with Yumeno once we reached fresh air, because right in front of us were the two kidnappers. 

"How weird. My shoulders... they've been so oddly stiff... Perhaps from overwork...?" The crooked neck man had his head upside down and stared blankly at the group of us. I was huddled close to Yumeno, the excruciating ache still flowing through my veins, but the cold night's breeze eased my pain. I couldn't say the same for Q, they were still whimpering and mumbling in their sleep, even when I was close and hugging them loosely. 

"-I can stop it with the tip of my pinky --" His voice was immediately drowned out by a loud crash. The loud noise peaked my interest, so I lifted my head up to see Dazai getting pushed by the octopus arms. 

"DAZAI!?" Chuuya called out. The octopus arm left Dazai at the trunk of a tree, and raced towards Chuuya in an attempt to crush him. It wasn't hard for him to deflect the fist and send it flying elsewhere. 

"Such a... Heavy fist..." The crooked man mumbled out as Chuuya made a run for Dazai. 

The two of them took their time conversing, while I was petrified of the upcoming situation. The octopus man had quickly regenerated, and was headed our way. I hugged both my dolly and Q tighter as he got closer, my heartbeat was increasing rapidly, too fast... 

The man kept getting closer, too close... He touched my shoulder, and I squealed out in surprise. Something sparked inside of me, and the octopus man suddenly backed off. I looked up to see him a few metres away, in an extremely odd position may I add. What I found even more strange, was the fact my dolly was sitting next to him, in that exact position. I reached out for my dolly, but came to an abrupt stop when I heard Dazai call out and tell me to stop. I froze for a moment and waited for Chuuya and Dazai's arrival. Once they did, he touched me lightly on the shoulder. Rays of blue shot out from nowhere and circled around Dazai and me. I wanted to question it, but he bent down to where I was and silently hushed me. 

"Can we hurry up and fight him?" Chuuya glared at Dazai, obviously aggravated. 

"Sure sure Chuuya! Go to sleep, Y/N. Everything will be better when you awaken," He spoke softly in my ear, and I nodded to reassure him before they left together. I was in and out of consciousness, but I was unable to concentrate on anything. Everything...  So blurry...

"She's waking up! Dazai get your ass over here!" My eyes flickered open, but I flinched at the light and quickly shut them again. My body was still aching, but not the same excruciating pain as before, a tolerable pain.

"Y/NNN!" I heard Dazai walking towards me, so I tried opening my eyes again. 

"Dazai!" My eyes had fully adjusted to the light, which meant I could see Dazai going in to hug me. He embraced me tightly, and I did too. 

"Are you feeling all better?" Yosano queried on the side. I nodded happily and gave her a small smile. 

"I do have some questions though..." I mumbled, thinking back to the day I met Q. 

"Ask ahead, Y/N!" Dazai sat down on the bed.

"Why did Mr Kunikida have a gun? And what was that big boom? Also why was there snow in summer? And what happened when Q's doll's head was ripped off?" I mumbled along quickly. 

"Hm, Mr Kunikida has a gun for protection! Lots of people carry guns or other weapons to protect themselves! I can't explain the big boom, since I wasn't at the scene," Dazai ranted on.

"But what about the snow and the dolls head?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"Well, in this world, there is such a thing called an ability. It's like having a specific superpower! A lot of people actually have abilities, most people in our Agency do!" 

"Really! A superpower! Do I have one Dazai! What about you... and Atsushi, Mr Kunikida, Miss Louisa! Do they all have abilities?" I got all hyped up, eager to listen to an answer.

"Yes Y/N, you have an ability, so do I, Mr Kunikida as well, Atsushi too, and I don't know about Miss Louisa, but I doubt it," Dazai answered. 

"What's mine! What's mine!" I squealed out.

"Well, your dolly plays a huge part in your ability, so you must keep her safe and by your side. If you touch someone while thinking of controlling them, you take over their movement! Using your dolly, you can control their movements! Pretty cool, huh?" He explained.

"Wowww! Can I try it?" I reached out to touch Dazai.

"Woah, woah, woah! Not on me! You must be very careful with this ability, it's a strong one! I can talk to you more about your special ability later, but we are actually planning a party at the moment," He told me. I let my hand fall back to my side, then I turned my head to the side, confused.

"Who for?" 

"Do you remember Kyouka? Well she officially became part of our agency!" I swear I could see a bright glow in Dazai's eyes. I was always happy to have a party! 

"Wow! That's amazing! When can I become part of your agency?" I stared at him with puppy eyes. Why couldn't I be a member as well! 

"You're too young! Maybe when your 14 like Kyouka we can consider it..." He put a hand up to his face, a thinking motion.

Am I really going to be stuck in this world until I'm 14? But what about my mother, won't she miss me? I miss her. I don't think I can stay here forever, I want to go home...

A/N

This is kinda a short chapter, but I didn't have any motivation for it, sorry :)