22. ❤️‍🔥

BSD REALITY

When I saw the big '4' on the door I practically barged through, searching frantically for Dazai. Panic surged through me, if I didn't find him in time he'd be dead, by Chuuya's hand. Of course in a prison the hallways would be long and confusing, but in this case it really didn't help. I got puffed quickly and had to stop for a second to catch my breath, but that's when I heard the gunshot.

There was distant screams, at least I could tell where they were coming from. I broke into a sprint, headed for the sound. It was still quite a while away, but the closer I got the more I heard. My body instinctively twisted when I rounded the corner, but I stopped when two figures came into view. They were still down the other end of the hall, but the voices were clear now. Neither of them had noticed my presence yet.

"Chuuya. Come to your senses. Our fate will not end in a place like this, because you and I are destined to-"

A loud gunshot took the soul from my body. I froze in my spot, breathing heavily. Tears formed in my eyes, making my vision blurry. I watched Dazai's body slowly fall limp, his head hung low.

"Dazai!" I screamed out, stumbling through the hall to reach him. By the time I made it to his body, my legs buckled from beneath me, and I fell to his side. His dead body sat before me, the man who saved me from a busy road, and kept me safe while I navigated through this new world I was transported to, and now he was gone, forever.

My mind immediately went to the real cause of Dazai's death, Fyodor. I had to get my revenge on that man. I sulked for another minute at Dazai's body, then stood back up, a determined look on my face. That stupid rat Fyodor would not get away with this.

I gave one glance to Chuuya, who just watched, as he was still a vampire under Fyodor's control. I sprinted back to the stairs, and up to where Fyodor was last, the control room. In there I found a limp Sigma, who I ignored as I made my way to the cameras. There was no sign of Fyodor inside the building, but I did see him on the roof camera, at the helipad.

My mind raced while I skipped up the stairs to confront Fyodor, the monster who was the cause of Dazai's death. Once I reached the top of the stairs, I could see Nikolai and Fyodor talking, a briefcase being transferred between them.

"Fyodor!" I shouted, running towards the two of them. Nikolai's face brightened when he watched me emerge from the shadows, and Fyodor just glared.

"Hello again Y/N, can I help you with anything?" Fyodor asked, a taunting tone behind his speech.

"You killed him! You killed Dazai!" Tears threatened to slip out again, but I was to blinded with rage to care. I punched Fyodor's arm with as much force as I could, yet he didn't even flinch.

"Oh little Y/N, it was bound to happen some day. Don't pout about it, he deserved it." There was no empathy in his voice, nor his face. He patted my shoulder then spun on his foot and hopped into the drivers seat of the helicopter.

"Aren't you going to take the antidote?" Nikolai questioned.

"This place remains the greatest prison in Europe, even if it's compromised. I'll be taking off before anyone catches wind of my escape. I haven't the luxury of time, so I can take the antidote in the helicopter." He went silent again, and stared off in the distance.

"What about sigma?" Nikolai shouted as the engine of the helicopter was turned on.

"He was brave, but I doubt his eyes will reopen." He muttered while putting his seatbelt on. Just as his hands touched the buttons of the helicopter, an idea came to me. It was dangerous, but it could work. The two adults continued conversing, while I made my way to helipad. When I got close enough, I ran over to Fyodor, touching his arm and activating my ability. I still held my dolly close to me, she was always with me. Her body contorted into odd shapes that a human couldn't possibly match, yet when I looked back up, Fyodor's smile was wiped off his face.