18. 💜

A/N - Please vote! Thank you if you do <3 Enjoy this chapter!

BSD REALITY / THE BACKROOMS

It's been what seemed like days since we found the piece of the ladder. There was no luck, we searched over and over again, yet it was like all the other pieces had completely disappeared.

Also, the glitching had been happening way more often. Every few minutes we spotted a little glitch in the corner, or sometimes right in the middle of the room. Carlos made me stay away, he was just trying to protect me.

"Hey Y/N, wanna go for a look around? Maybe this time we can find some ladder pieces if we're lucky!" His enthusiasm is what encouraged me to continue. I grabbed his hand as we wandered off. My other hand was occupied, holding dolly too. I skipped alongside Carlos and tugged him with me.

After a while of no luck, something caught my eye. Was it a ladder piece?

"Carlos! Carlos I found something!" I tugged on his shirt harshly. He turned to me with a raised eyebrow, then started heading over to check it out. We walked around the corner, but quickly hid when he got a closer look at what it was.

"Shoot Y/N, you led us to the monster," he whispered, cursing under his breath. I gasped but quickly covered it up, not wanting to make a sound.

'I'm sorry' I mouthed at him, but Carlos just gave me a reassuring smile. His arm wrapped around me as he pulled me up into the fireman's lift. My dolly was also lifted up into the air, so we went flying together. Carlos carefully snuck out of the room without being caught by the terrifying monster.

As soon as Carlos was enough distance away, he broke into a sprint, I was still in the fireman's lift on his shoulder.

We slowed down far away from the creature, and he finally let me down. We continued to walk for a bit longer, until we stumbled upon something that made me stop in my tracks.

My mouth dropped, and tears formed in my eyes. After all this time of escape plans and strategies, I didn't think the answer would be this easy. The answer to get back to the Port Mafia Headquarters. In front of us stood a door, one specifically used in the Port Mafia. I recognised the colour, and wood, the handle with the same carving I remember. Carlos' hand slipped from my grip, so did my dolly's.

Carlos' was shaking me, and shouting in my ear, but his voice was muffled. It was like the world around me stopped, the only thing I could focus on was the door. It had to lead me back to the HQ. Chuuya would be there, waiting for me beyond that doorway.

"Carlos, this is our way home!" I choked out, in a breathy sentence. He went silent, questioning my words.

"...What?" He asked.

"This is our way home!" I re-stated. It was like two strings got taped to the corners of my mouth, because I couldn't drop my smile. He was confused, but his smile enchanted the room too.

"How does this take us home?" He knelt down to my level, as another attempt to understand me.

"It will take us to where Sir Alastor sent me! From there, he can get us home!" I almost squealed with excitement. Finally, we would be rid of that stupidly terrifying creature. The ladder pieces were rendered useless, they didn't even help us escape, all it took was for us to find this one door. I felt so warm, we were safe again, safe in the arms of the Chuuya. All we had to do was walk through the door.

Yet, as if on cue, glitches started to appear. This time it wasn't on my body, it was targeting Carlos, and the room around us. The glitches only got worse, which made more of the room disappear.

"Y/N! We have to get away from here!" He grabbed my hand, and the dolly, but his hand glitched out, so I stumbled around to gain my balance, "Follow me!" He said, sternly. As we left, the area in the distance started to break away, into nothingness. My body shook, I wanted to cry all over again. We just had to get through the door to Chuuya, then we'd both be safe.

"Carlos please! Come through the door with me!" I snatched my dolly from his grip, then hugged her tightly. I always kept her close in scary situations.

"Okay okay!" He panicked, the glitches became more major on his body, making him trip and fall across the floor.

"Carlos!" I screeched, before running over and dragging him along the floor. The nothingness became more apparent as it inched closer to us. The glitches were much faster than I.

"We won't make it in time Y/N! Go without me, please!" He struggled to move anymore, but I wouldn't give up so easily. I refused to leave him, even though the glitches got closer every second. It was like a black hole, the glitches swallowed things and took them away. But I wouldn't let Carlos slip away from me so easily, not like my family, or Dazai, the agency or even Chuuya. I let them go too quick, now I wanted to save at least one person, keep him close to me. My body was past it's limit, as I pulled Carlos towards the door.

"I won't let you go too!" I screamed. Tears ran down my face, blurring my vision. I continued dragging him to the door, but at this point it was becoming to late.

"Y/N! Stop for a second!" He shouted. I kept my grip on him, but collapsed down to the floor next to him.

"Y/N, please listen to me," His voice was weak and shaky, I could tell he was in pain, "I need you to stand up, and walk through that door, go find your friends again. Leave me here, but promise me this one thing. Promise me you'll make it back home, go back to your family, as I can't." Carlos' face dropped, his face slamming into the ground.

"Carlos no! Don't leave me! I want you to stay with me!" I screamed out, shaking his body with as much force as my arms could bear. By now the glitches had engulfed most of the hallways, leaving the room we were in. My heartbeat was at an all time high, any second now my body would be swallowed by the glitches, unless I got through the door. Yet, I couldn't muster the strength to leave Carlos lying there. I lifted his head up, and plastered a small kiss on his forehead. With my dolly in one hand, I grabbed his arm with all my strength, and began dragging him again. This time I was determined to make it to that door.

I would bring Carlos through the door, and he'd get to meet Chuuya, and then Dazai eventually, and everyone else. We'd spend our time together, and when Sir Alastor finally manages too, he'll bring us both back. That's the plan.

I managed to drag Carlos to the door, and I even opened it. I looked around, and it was the hallways of the Port Mafia Headquarters. Yes! This is it! Before I could step into the hall, he spoke up behind me.

"Thank you, Y/N."

That was the last I heard of Carlos. Before his whole body glitched, and he went plummeting down into the nothingness.

I rushed into the hallways of the headquarters, too scared to look back. My dolly was held close to my heart, as it raced throughout my body.

"No!" My blood-Curdling screams filled the halls of the Port Mafia, but I didn't care, "No! Carlos no! Come back, don't leave me as well!" The ear-splitting screams were drowned out by the abyss, and before I could finish the door slammed shut.

A/N - Sooooo um poor Carlos 🫶🏼