12. 🫀ACT TWO

BSD REALITY

Horse racing. A sport in which lots of horses gather on a track to figure who is the fastest, that's what Dazai told me. He was still jealous about the fact Chuuya took my for a day away from him, so he took me to see horses run alongside each other on a track.

"Dazai who's gonna win?" His eyes were concentrated on the race, specifically number nine, I think that's what he bet on. He also let me bet on a horse and I of course said number one, because number one has to come first.

A sweet hum of a melody distracted my ears from the stomping hooves of horses. It was Dazai, humming happily, yet quietly, as the horses charged by. This was their final lap, all of them came close to the finish line and one of the riders cheered successfully.

"Which horse came in first?" A mystery voice asked Dazai. This broke his smooth concentration, and he turned his head toward the mystery man.

"Number nine," Dazai grinned, the face of a winner.

"Thanks," The man stalked toward us more, leaning against the railing, "Then you got lucky, hm?"

"Oh, you knew?" Dazai asked the man.

"Yes. I could tell from your perspiration, the sound of your muscles and your temperature. Losing my eyesight's helped me see even more things, even though it's just the darkness I'm surrounded by. In fact, I know your fate for tomorrow," He tapped on a bit, his vocabulary seemed quite complex for me to properly understand every word, also it seemed he used some sort of metaphor? I'm sure Dazai would explain it to me after.

"You do?"

"Yes," The blind man took something out of his pocket, then he clipped it onto Dazai's wrist, "Have you no tomorrow, former Mafia official, Osamu Dazai. You happen to have 138 counts of conspiracy to murder, 312 counts of extortion, and 625 counts of assorted fraud and other crimes. You are under arrest," The blind man explained. My jaw dropped to the ground, he must've been framed! Like my Dazai would ever do anything like that!

"You sure got me," No! He's been framed, this isn't true! "I knew we were being followed, but I guess diving into a crowd won't Stop the infamous "hunting dogs." He sighed in defeat.

"Indeed. Even if you try to join the herd, all we need to do is erase it," The blind man chuckled to himself before continuing, "I can hear your rage, and I know that soon you will descend into the deep depths of pure fear," He smiled at Dazai is an unsettling manner.

"Let me ask you this one thing, why come to arrest me now?" The brown haired male cocked his head to the side slightly, curious to hear the upcoming answer.

"We'll oddly enough, we randomly recovered a large amount of evidence, photos, tapes, etc. It was like as if all the lights in a pitch black room, unexpectedly flickered back on."

Dazai was escorted off the site, I stuck next to him like glue. Police cars lined up in front of us, parking safely on the side of the road.

"What is happening Dazai? I won't let them take you away!" My hands gripped around his wrist tightly, there was no chance I was letting go out of my free will.

"Y/N, it would be a good idea to let go before the police force you off him," The blind man advised. He thought I would take his advice? Well he's very wrong!

Still, yet again, I proved myself to be a weak child, the police ended up forcing me off Dazai and taking me away.

"Wait, before she goes! Where are you taking her?" Dazai asked, staring directly at the police in front of him, the ones that kept me in their grip.