15. 💛

Happy reading <3

BSD REALITY

Everything was boring. It turned out Chuuya was still busy and hadn't yet finished his paperwork, leaving me all alone in my room.

The A4 paper on my desk had ran out ages ago, a few of my drawings stuck up on the wall, yet most trashed in the bin. That meant my crayons were of no use, unless I drew on the walls, which I was deeply considering. The cons overly outweighed my list of pros, but in the end that never stopped me. As everyone knows walls make the best canvas.

The crayons ended up scattered around my room, thrown around. On the wall, each crayon told a different story, a messy one, but a story indeed. Many scribbles were present around the room, covering the majority of the walls in bright colours. This was the state of boredom I was in.

What had seemed like hours passed since I was trapped, left alone in my stupid room, and although I wanted go out and explore, the repetition of the words Chuuya said continued like a loop in my head.

"No clue Y/N, but while your here at HQ you need to stay close to me or some people I trust at all times. You being from the agency will put you at risk, so I'll be there to protect you if anything happens,"

This little comment, although it was coming from a good, genuine place, annoyed me. I wanted to go out by myself and discover every inch of this HQ, but the statement was almost like an invisible wall, blocking me from leaving. Maybe if I just took a peek outside, only a couple of minutes. I highly doubt anyone dangerous would find me in the span of that time. Yet Chuuya knows the Mafia better than me, what if he was right...

The internal fight continued on for ages, too long in fact. Still my mind was completely confused. I was eager to go and explore, but I wouldn't want to break Chuu Chuu's demands. In the end I decided that i would go explore, only for a little bit. Chuuya was taking way too long and my boredom still lingered. 

The invisible wall crumbled down as I pushed through my door and stepped out into the hall. Completely empty. I continued down to a corner, another empty hallway. It was never ending halls.

Halls. Halls. Hall. Door! A dark black door finally came into my view. Excitement rushed through me as I ran over to it. The grey handle rustled as I shook it open. The door was slightly jammed, so it took a bit of force to properly open it.

As the door swang open a shiver was sent down my spine. I peeked inside the doorway to see damp, dull yellow wallpaper covering the walls. Curiosity got the better of me, and in an instant I lunged in and was surrounded by the smell of... A moist texture, I couldn't quite put my finger on it. 

Taking a few small steps forward, shivers were sent down my spine. This place wasn't just a room, but more rooms spawned off it, another maze. Like hell I was going any further. I turned back to leave, but instead of walking through the door, my body crashed into a continuation of the moist wall. What...?

No, this wasn't right, not one bit. The door, gone. Vanished in thin air. Panic started to settle in as I tried to process my thoughts at an alarming rate. Where was I? How was I here? Is this part pf the Mafia base...? Or, or maybe it's Sir Alastor controlling me again. Maybe, just maybe, he's trying to get me back. Finally! I would get to see my family again, my other dolly's, my mother, my father! It's what Sir Alastor promised.

I took a few steps further in, looking around on of the corners. All I could see in my field of view was the weird walls, and twisting corners. Sure, it confused me, yet intrigued my mind at the very same time. I mean, if there was no door back, I might as well explore a little. My fingers were dragged along the walls softly as my footsteps echoed down the halls. This place was empty, not another soul in sight. Even the quietest pin dropping would be heard for miles.

The time dragged on, my boredom only growing by as each corner was yet another moist yellow wall. The buzzing of the lights above started to mess with my brain, I just wanted to explode them. My guard had lowered significantly, nothing scary about this place apart from an eerie feeling.

Everything was calm enough, until the figure showed up. A tall, skinless, black figure rushed passed in my peripheral vision. My heart dropped and breathing became a hard task. Panic, I was panicking. My feet acted on instinct, and before I knew what was happening, I was far away. It seemed as though the dark creature didn't spot me, but how wrong I could be.

Finally, I started to calm down, my breathing calmed and I was far away from the weird figure. Taking a few steps back to steady my legs, my body bumped into something hard, not a wall or anything like that, a presence.

My head turned around and I looked up ever so slightly, to see my worst nightmare at the moment, the tall, black figure. A scream was let out, it was like I was testing the strength of my vocal chords. Tears slipped down my face as I sprinted away, my head turned around to keep an eye on the creature. Although slower, the skinless figure was in fact chasing after me. My shallow breaths echoed through my mind as I finally started to lose the creature. A couple more corners I sprinted past, and then I was out of sight. My legs kept moving, and I kept running to get further away, continuously glancing back to check if it was really gone.  

A small little room was decided as my place to rest, finally. It was a one way entrance and exit, meaning I would be able to see whatever came in. My legs crumpled, and my body hit the ground with a quiet thump. My breaths were heavy, I sounded like a panting dog. Running that far, at that speed, in this maze, was something I didn't do often. 

If I estimated right, it would be late afternoon at this point, yet I wouldn't be for certain, as this place had no windows. There was no sense of time, only the buzzing yellow lights, which didn't even help. My eyes closed subconsciously, and then a wave of tiredness fell over me. I let out a yawn. God, this place was tiring. Maybe I'd only have a little nap, one just to ease my tiredness. 

💛

Abrupt footsteps awoke me from my dreamless sleep. My guard instantly went up as my eyes rushed around, looking for the source of the loud stomps. Outside of the partially secluded room, I could spot the same black figure, the one that sent chills down my body. The long dragging arms, this time I could get a good look at what I was facing. This 'thing' had weird anatomy, a horizontal oval for a face, then broad shoulders. The spine of the creature was as tall as me, then the legs connected off. Overall this figure was enormous, nearly reaching the ceiling of the maze.  

My hand reached up to cover my mouth, hoping to minimize the sound of my breaths, and my screams. It seemed as though the black creature had yet to notice me, as it roamed around the halls without purpose. It's feet dragged along the moist carpet, head hanging low. The figure got closer towards my room, sending more panic throughout my body, maybe it did know I was here, and it was giving me time to escape. 

Thoughts raced through my mind. Should I stay or should I go? What would be better? What would be easier? Which decision would guarantee my safety? I had to get back to Chuuya fast, otherwise he would soon be worried. Maybe I should make a run for it. I mean, it would notice I was there, if it didn't already know. Yet, I could sprint past, giving me time to race ahead and lose it again. Yes, that's it. 

I slowly lifted my body up from the sitting position I previously was in, and got ready to run. My tip-toed footsteps didn't randomly alert the figure, it seemed I was too quiet. Perfect. The moment arrived, when I built up the confidence to run out of the room. My body flashed past the creature, not giving it much time to react before it started chasing me. By that time I was already meters ahead, sprinting as fast as I possibly could. Although, this time, there was more energy in it. The more out of breath I got, the faster the figure got. Damn it! No matter how many corners I turned, it kept catching up. With it's speed increasing and mine decreasing, there was no way I'd get away from the creature this time. 

That was until someone rushed in, like a savior.

A/N - I'm sorry this chapter feels very rushed, I just wanted to get something out. I'll edit it later in the future maybe. When this chapter gets 300 views and 25 votes I'l post the next one <3