23.❤️‍🩹 ACT THREE

BSD REALITY

The usually quiet cafe was bustling with the members of the agency, on a beautifully sunny day. I sat in the comfortable booth, Ranpo to my side, Atsushi and Kyouka opposite me. The tiger boy and shy girl conversed, sipping on a milkshake each. Ranpo was relaxing, his eyes closed as he munched on some biscuits. Dazai and Kunikida were bickering behind me, and opposite them the other agency members talked in peace. The strong scent of coffee lingered, along with the delicious smell of my brownie Dazai had bought me, well Dazai had forced Kunikida to buy for me. As I took a big bite from the brownie, the chocolate-flavoured treat melting in my mouth, this cafe truly made the best brownies in the world.

It reminded me of a small cafe down the road from my house, every Sunday morning my dad would take me on a walk down to the cafe. We'd sit outside, my father sipping on a fresh cup of coffee, while I had a fluffy, and we both shared a sweet treat from the cabinet. We became quite the regulars to the cafe, the workers would often tell me how they would love working of Sundays, just to bake a new special sweet treat for me. It was peaceful. It was perfect.

"Y/N? Where were you the whole time?" Kyouka questioned, snapping me out of the trance-like state I was in. Reminiscing on the past left a bittersweet feeling in the pit of my stomach. I knew eventually I'd make it home, I still had hope, but all these relationships I had made with the members of the Agency, and even the port mafia, they would all disappear when I arrived back home. At least I'd have my mothers arms to run into, "Y/N?" Kyouka repeated.

"Well Miss Kouyou took me to the mafia, so I was mainly with her and Chuuya," I explained, not bothering to go into detail about Carlos or anything like that, even just thinking about it made my mood drop immedietly. Ranpo looked down at me with a concerning glance, but I smiled back.

Kyouka nodded, then went back to drinking the milkshake in front of her, obviously satisfied with the answer.

After finishing the multiple plates of sweets he ordered, Ranpo proceeded to sneak little crumbs off the plate of the brownie I was currently eating. I broke half of the brownie off, crumbs falling down onto my lap. My arm extended as half of the brownie was offered to Ranpo. He snatched it greedily, a thin smile presented on his face. After stuffing it all in his mouth, he muttered a quick thanks, patting my head lightly. My hand slowly reached up to my head, a light flush flooding through my cheeks. Ranpo was so cool.

After a delicious lunch with the agency, we all headed back up, the adults had more work to do. I was stuck on one of the sofas, playing with my dolly, the two of us were incredibly bored. We both wore similar cardigans, it was the one pair of clothes I had back from my house. I hadn't worn this cardigan since the day I was transported to Dazai, but today it suited my outfit, and Ranpo even complimented it this morning.

In the pocket of this comfortable cardigan lay a flower, specifically a forget-me-not, that had travelled all the way to this crazy place with me. I could even remember picking it up after the earthquake happened, I remember it laying there, my mothers favourite type of flower.

"Y/N!" Kunikida called from across the room. He was stood at the entrance, with a familiar English teacher to his right.

"Miss Louisa!" I squealed, running up to hug her.

"It sure has been a while, we have a lot to catch up on," She smiled. We headed to a private room in the agency, and she got all the work out while I jumped up onto the seat.

"Miss Louisa I went on the coolest and scariest adventures ever! That's why I couldn't see you," I explained. She glanced at me, an understanding look on her face.

"I would love to hear all about your adventures Y/N," She smiled, looking straight into my eyes. It would have been quite scary if it was anyone apart from Miss Louisa. So I went on to explain most things that happened on my trip away, apart from the whole situation with Carlos and the winding yellow maze.

"How intriguing, lets get on with some work now ok?" She quickly wrote some notes in a little notebook, then handed me a sheet of paper and a pen, "Today we can focus of conjunctions, this worksheet should help you understand." She went on to teach me what a conjunction was, and how to use it in writing. They were actually quite simple once I got the hang of it, and I figured out I used them everyday! That's pretty cool I think.

"These are easy Miss Louisa!" I whined, handing her back the paper.

"Alright then Y/N, we can move onto some harder things." She shuffled her papers around, before handing me a small book. The title read: The adventures of Charlie and Lola, "I'll help you read this one, then I can give you some more for homework." She opened the book, and we started to read through it, page by page.

❤️‍🩹

My English lesson with Miss Louisa had finished just over an hour ago, now Dazai and I were snuggled under a blanket together, our eyes glued to the screen as Paddington played in front of us. He was a very cute bear, it didn't take long for Dazai and I to fall in love with him.

"He is too cute! I'm sure Atsushi would love to watch this with us next time," Dazai said, just as the movie credits started to pop up. The two of us sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes, enjoying each other's company, before I spoke up again.

"Paddington was my mother's favourite movie," I mumbled, tears already lining my eyes. A sob escaped my lips, and I plunged myself into Dazai's chest.

"Y/N, you should have told me, we didn't have to watch it." His arms snaked around my body, but he kept his grip gentle.

"No I wanted to." I don't think he could understand half of what I said, my voice muffled by the tears dripping down my face. Dazai held me there for a while, before lifting my face out of his now soaking shirt, and wiping the tears away. It didn't help, as new tears were constantly slipping through.

"Y/N it's okay, I'm sure she's still back in your world, working everyday to find a way to get you back," He explained, a sad smile forming on his face.

"But I don't want to leave you!" The sobbing only got worse from here, but I didn't want to leave Dazai behind, I didn't want to just forget about him when I got back to my home.

I think at that point Dazai even shed a tear, I could barely notice through my blurry eyes. Let's just say that night was very exhausting, I cried too much. About Dazai, about my mother, about life.

A/N - So this chapter took a bit longer than expected... I was super busy with school and everything but I'm back now! Hopefully I don't disappear for another 2 months. The other day I did realise I've been writing this story for over a year now? That's crazy, though I don't know the exact date. Anyway, thanks for reading <3 and sorry for updating super late!